edge still flashing white screen and force dark theme visibility problem

Copper Contributor

I'm currently using Edge-Chromium Version 84.0.522.63 (Official build) (64-bit)

there are old article about flashing white screen https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/flashing-a-white-screen-while-open-new-tab/m-p/89...

however, still flashing white screen when open new window of microsoft edge. here's comparison about microsoft edge and vivaldi browser.

Warning: DO NOT OPEN SPOILER IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO LIGHT.

Microsoft Edge (chromium) vs. Vivaldi

Open New Window

Edge (flashing white screen)

Spoiler
edge-open.gif

Vivaldi

vivaldi-open.gif

Separate Tab

Edge (flashing White Screen)

Spoiler
edge-separate-tab.gif

Vivaldi

vivaldi-separate-tab.gif

Force-Dark-Mode Visibility Problem

Contents of the settings page that are difficult to see

Before(Force-Dark-Mode Disabled):

before.PNG

After(Force-Dark-Mode Enabled):

after.PNG

Please fix these problems.

1. flashing white screen when open new window.

2. flashing white screen when separate tab.

3. visibility problem when enabled force-dark-mode.

white flashing and visibility problem is also present in google chrome and other chromium based browsers. (except vivaldi)

5 Replies

@mccalks 

Hi there, you are welcome to the Microsoft Edge Insider Community Hub!

I and many other users also want this feature so I would also recommend you to send this whole suggestion through the in-app feedback tool (Alt+Shift+I) in Microsoft Edge to give this feature a +1 to make it a part of Microsoft Edge in the future.

Other users who like this suggestion may also do the same.

I too am fed up with the white flashing. Many have raised this issue for some time now, in Edge and the others, and nothing's been done. I have no browser loyalty anymore. Whoever's fastest, lightest weight, has best mem mgmt & addon support wins. Lately that's been Edge, but if I don't find a fix soon for this flashing sh* Vivaldi's becoming my daily. It's not been as snappy as Edge (for me) but I trust they're working on it, and I love its technerd vibe and customizability.

@msblcb flashing white is killing muh eyes ..  please fix! 

I found a solution to this. You just open the page in new tab and wait until the page loads before you click on it while making sure dark mode is on using dark reader extension or inbuild feature in settings. 

I have the same issue in windows 11, only appeared like a month ago, changed to beta and it is still there. It can be dangerous for people with epilepsy, not that I have it, but it is annoying. Feels like someone is flashing a light in your face at times.

Now every other browser doing the same thing randomly.