Edge's new icon is pixelated

Iron Contributor

Does the new Edge icon on the taskbar look pixelated or is it just me? When I look closely at it I can see that it's defenitely less quality and not as sharp looking as it is in the start menu. This is the case with all the three Insider channels. 

12 Replies

Hi @Faris-Jayyousi 

it looks like this for me

Windows 10 latest version

1080p resolution

100% scaling

Annotation 2019-11-07 125842.png

Annotation 2019-11-07 125723.png

I'd say it's the same as the rest of the Icons

I can't tell from the picture but I think mine is worse looking.@HotCakeX. My screen resolution is 1920x1200. 

That's strange, could you please take a screenshot and show me?

The same can be said about the YouTube icon that is pinned as an app via the new Edge@HotCakeX 

Capture.PNG

oh i see, the icons are good but their edges are not smooth.
can you check in your graphic driver software setting see if everything is alright?
like Anti-aliasing and that sort of options

@Faris-Jayyousi 

also in Windows settings just to be sure

Annotation 2019-11-07 163339.png

Thanks for your reply @HotCakeX
Visual effects are already set to "Best Appearence" and everything in my Graphics control panel is fine. This issue is only related to the new Edge and the rest of icons appear perfectly fine.

Oh okay, well we tested it anyway :)

@HotCakeX Check this out, by opening the file location of Edge (AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge SxS\Application) and creating a shortcut of it on the desktop and then pinning it on the taskbar, the icon will be perfect with sharp edges. However, clicking on it to open the browser will create another icon of Edge that is less quality and doesn't have the same sharp edges. I don't know why Edge doesn't open from the good icon. ☹ As for YouTube, I don't know what's the problem but it looks fine when it is on the desktop. However, once it's pinned on the taskbar, it will look bad.

Capture.PNG

The picture below shows the two icons and the difference between them. Icon A is the good one and clicking on it will open the browser in icon B which is the bad one. 

Capture 2.PNG

Nice, that's very useful info, i hope developers see this and fix it. Try sending it using smiley feedback button too.

Will surely do. Thanks @HotCakeX :)

You're welcome! :)