EDGE : Opening and filling a webpage through VBA

Copper Contributor

Hello , 

As IE is decommissionned , we are trying to migrate to EDGE / Chrome or any other viable alternative...

many VBA macros in my organization , depend on IE to open websites and fill some information automatically...

We are trying to switch these macros to open EDGE instead ( basically , replace the CreateObject ( IE ) ) , with another alternative.... 

Macros ,are as well , filling and parsing websites...

I would like to know , what is the plan for this please? 

7 Replies
Does your program work in the Internet Explorer Mode in Microsoft Edge?
Microsoft Edge comes with features where they store information and fill up textbox in forms.
Depending on your requirement you may consider developing new program as Microsoft Edge extension.

@Reza_Ameri Thanks for your answer !

To be honest , i have no clues on how to run my VBA code in the Internet Explorer mode ! 

My code is just doing  a CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") and then uses the object to pass in / manipulate an HTML Doc inside

I dont know how to make the code runs EDGE instead of IE without having a huge impact

How does your code works?
Is it like a script running on standalone application?
It is a VBA Function inside run in an excel macro :)
a button in excel , allows running the function to launch Internet Explorer , and filling some login information in the opened webpage...
Thank you for the clarification.
I believe you will have to check with developer forum and ask them how to redevelop the code.
You may post your question on:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/products/
Actually, there is now a really simple low-intrusive way to move from Internet Explorer over to Edge.
Google for "Edge IE Mode" and look around for how to set that up.
basically you configure the computer to just forward any calls to the old IE browser to Edge instead.
Then the scripts just work like normal.
I have a bunch of scripts written for Internet Explorer that now work in Edge instead just fine. automation and everything.
I explained about the Internet Explorer Mode, sometimes it works but sometimes not and user have to try and see if it works.