Edge interface freezes on download (Ubuntu)

Copper Contributor

For the last couple months, Edge on Ubuntu freezes whenever I download a file on my Ubuntu machines (Windows is fine).  The download starts and the GUI within Edge windows freezes.  I can move the window around, and the download progresses and even completes successfully.  If I try to close the window, it asks if I want to cancel or continue my download, but clicking either button has no effect.  Killing the msedge processes and restarting the app, but downloading files always has this effect.  I figured it was just a bug, but it has been months and the same problem persists on 2 different machines.

It happens on Bionic, so I upgraded to Jammy and same issue.

I am currently running Edge Version 103.0.1264.71 (Official build) (64-bit), so I tried dev, same issue:

Edge Version 105.0.1321.0 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

Chrome, Chromium and Firefox work fine, no issues.

I just tried using a guest profile and downloading works fine, so it seems to have something to do with my sync profile which is the whole reason I am using Edge in the first place.  

1 Reply
If you're already syncing your data, why don't you try deleting your current profile, creating a brand new one, and then signing back in to get your data? Assuming the problem isn't with the data that's being synced, I'd think this would fix it.