SOLVED

Edge favorites menu

Deleted
Not applicable

Hey can you guys add the Drop down favorites and hisitory book and downloads reading list menu from the old edge to add it to this one please

125 Replies

@Elliot Kirk 

thanks so much for your reply
The Favorite button will be available this week for Canary ?
I still have nothing with the last (78.0.257)

@tistou 

Same here; no Favs button AND no Share button.  Have dug all over the place to no avail.

Cheers,
Drew

Drew, this is still in a controlled feature roll-out, and so not everyone will have it immediately.  We expect it to go out to everyone very shortly.  Thanks - Elliot 

@Elliot Kirk 

Please revert this change. The new icon is ugly, has poor visability on high res screens and is seen as smaller making it harder to hit on a touch device

I'm sad to see that MS speends time on breaking something that did work instead of fixing what we have been asking for and begging for from the begining. The exact icon and functionallity from Edge Classic - nothing Else

Please get it done. Its a blocking bug

@matsmcp

I think that's what it's about ?

Have the same Favorites button as in the Classic Edge (or as IE) with the same menu (and option)

@tistou 

Yes that is what you, me and a lot of other users want.

MS doesn't want to do that regardless of how much they ever claims to be listening on the users. 

Now they have created a simillar but worse Icon (in my eyes at least) and put in Canary so now we first have to get them to revert that and then get them to do what we asked for in the first place

@Elliot Kirk 

Thanks, Elliot.  I was wondering if I had missed a memo indicating it to be a controlled feature roll-out.  But, cool, that explains it.  Actually, I should prolly just read stuff more slowly (wink)

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@matsmcp 

It looks like it looks like that
If I can already remove the Favorites bar, it will be already a good beginning (on small screens, less visibility) :smile:

626e9b76e7432e749b2edb907948ff5a671c1b3e93ce630510b019e0022d06ef

@tistou 

Yes, smaller, thinner lines and one line missing (compared to classic)

@matsmcp   Cc: @Elliot Kirk & @David Rubino 

"The exact icon and functionality from Edge Classic - nothing Else.", Mat

Absolutely!!  Mat is 100% right!  Completely agree.  

Remember the old saying: "Don't fix what ain't broke!!" OR "Leave perfectly good (& well-liked) stuff alone!!" <-- New saying

This ^ , also, applies to Set aside/see all tabs/ Add notes.  Don't mess with the perfectly good parts!!  Improve under the covers, but, leave what we have (now), like & use intact!  as far as our Edge top bar items go, all we want is for them to be there, unchanged; left alone!  Pretend they are guests in the Edge Hotel & they have Do Not Disturb signs hanging on their doorknobs.

There are oodles of Users ALL saying the same thing.  

And speaking of things on the toolbar... THIS (Show in toolbar) is, also, currently completely missing from Edge C & that will never do!  Notice it includes (some) the very things people are demanding not be omitted; they refer to things as Top bar items (toolbar) because that's where Users put them or have become accustom to seeing them, although, placement is optional... well, at least, it is in Edge!
Toolbar.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@tistou 

We have had this ⬇ for a long time.  I use Never & then open & close if, when & only while needed via Ctrl+Shift+B.
Always.jpg

Cheers,
Drew
thVY64FD02.jpg

@matsmcp 

Yes, with Canary, it's bigger, spaced and not only for that (a bit like Windows10 at the very beginning, more for the visually impaired as I could read everywhere)

For some web pages too (example with Adobe FTP)
Left, Canary and right, IE

Capture.PNG

@Drew1903 

Yes thanks, 

but I prefer to have the favorites at "disposal"

@matsmcp 

I have the Favorites button in fact :stareyes:
Just "hide" the Favorites bar and the button appears 

I would have preferred as IE, smaller lines, less space, and with a folder, the favorites appears above and not beside (exactly like IE, in fact)
But hey, it's a very good start

Canary : 

Canary.PNG

IE: 

IE.PNG

I will wait a little longer before switching completely to Chromium (font problem, etc ... be solved)
Not sure what you mean by that, but, I thought you had said something about you not wanting the Favs bar to be using browser real estate.

Cheers,
Drew

Sent from Windows Phone

@Drew1903 

Sorry for my English,

I kept the Favorites bar, even if it took the place

Now with the Favorites button :smile: (and I use Canary to replace Edge for some sites, waiting to use it at 100%)

Hello:

(Sorry for my English)

First, thank you for adding the favorites icon. The possibility of adding or removing is something very interesting for everyone.

Secondly, I am very disappointed to see what the favorites are like after so many months of waiting for such a new button for favorites.

As fellow Drew says, we just want what always worked in Internet Explorer and what works in the old Edge.

I hope you give this whole favorite theme a spin. I see it very very green. There are extensions of the competition that make it much more attractive.

I am an IE user until they change me to the new Chromiun edge. I am faithful to microsoft and its browser, but this change of favorites has disappointed me since in this forum many users have explained by active and passive how you want to manage favorites.

In my opinion, they have only made direct access to favorites in the main bar ... but that, just that. They have not changed anything about their management.

And in my opinion, managing bookmarks from the bookmarks folder ... is the best way to manage bookmarks when you have a large number of them. In the future (or present), it will not make sense for Windows 10 to continue putting the Favorites folder in the user folder.

In any case, I know that they are working hard on this new browser and that it is still green so I hope that much better things will come. In advance, thank you very much for all this.

Greetings and thank you

-----

Es español (Spanish)

Hola:

(Disculpas por mi ingles)

Lo primero, dar las gracias por añadir el icono de favoritos. La posibilidad de añadir o quitar es algo muy interesante para todos.

Lo segundo, estoy muy decepcionado de ver como son los favoritos despues de llevar tantos meses esperando por tan ansiado nuevo boton para favoritos.

Como dice el compañero Drew, solo queremos lo que siempre funciono en Internet Explorer y lo que funciona en el viejo Edge.

Espero que le den una vuelta mas a todo este tema de favoritos. Lo veo muy muy verde. Hay extensiones de la competencia que lo hacen mucho mas atractivo.

Soy usuario de IE hasta que me cambien al nuevo edge Chromiun. Soy fiel a microsoft y a su navegador, pero este cambio de favoritos me ha decepcionado puesto que en este foro muchos usuarios han explicado por activa y por pasiva como se quiere que sea la gestion de favoritos.

En mi opinion, solo han hecho un acceso directo a favoritos en la barra principal ... pero eso, solo eso. No han cambiado nada de su gestion.

Y en mi opinion, la gestion de favoritos desde la carpeta favoritos ... es la mejor forma de hacer una buena gestion de favoritos cuando se tienen una gran cantidad de ellos. En el futuro (o presente), no tendra sentido que windows 10 siga poniendo la carpeta Favoritos en la carpeta de usuario.

En cualquier caso, se que estan trabajando duramente en este nuevo navegador y que aun esta verde por lo que espero que vengan cosas mucho mejores. Por adelantado, muchas gracias por todo ello.

Un saludo y gracias

@ppnacho 

Same, I use IE most of the time, but its engine is so old, it does not work with some sites, that's why I used Edge for these sites and now Chromium

I must say that I was really an excellent navigator, not very greedy in resources, very beautiful design, nickel

Too bad that MS is not preserved part of this design (by adding the "flat design" like Windows 10

Hi

So, with a folder in favorites, it's possible to add the favorites appears above and not beside (exactly like IE / Edge, in fact)

Thanks

By flat you mean fluent?

@HotCakeX 

Aa yes, fluent design (like Edge and Windows 10)