Edge Dev Build - Extensions Button Appeared - problems

Copper Contributor

Version 90.0.789.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

- Extensions button appeared on browser bar next to my profile picture 

- To the right of the URL/search box my extensions are now visible (18 in all) and     just a tiny URL box

- cannot move them from the tool bar

- Right click 'hide from toolbar' does nothing

- Settings - Appearance - Customize Tool Bar - Show Extensions Button: set to off

- Toggling on and off does nothing

I want my extensions behind the 3 Dots on the top right.

Thanks!

7 Replies
Hi,
please submit these problems using the feedback button on Edge.

these problems should be temporary on Dev channel and could even be resolved by a clean reinstall of Edge dev (delete user data when asking during uninstall), on a higher version of Edge version 90.0.794.0 canary, none of these exist.

@khunopie to hide the extension icons, you should first set the show Extensions Button to on, then click the extensions button to manage the visibility of the extensions you've installed.Screenshot 2021-02-11 163321.png

@LexusYuenYes, but this is the problem. Now you're stuck with that button in the menu bar instead of extensions being relegated to the ... menu. Favorites, Downloads, etc. don't require a button to be visible in the toolbar but in the current implementation Extensions now must live there which some of us don't want.

The extensions in the menu are compact and easily arranged according to how YOU want them. As well right click to access the extension options. 

The new "Chrome" ext button is rigid, inconvenient and does not offer these advantages

@lindhartsen 

@lindhartsen wrote:

@LexusYuenYes, but this is the problem. Now you're stuck with that button in the menu bar instead of extensions being relegated to the ... menu. Favorites, Downloads, etc. don't require a button to be visible in the toolbar but in the current implementation Extensions now must live there which some of us don't want.

it's much better than having extension icons scattered around. this is a unified place for all extension icons.

Sure - but that's also what the ... menu served as for those of us who want a clean navigation bar. Right now I don't show any buttons up there, but with this implementation I'm required to have that puzzle piece no matter what. If this functioned similar to other functionality and could be hidden like Favorites/Downloads/etc. it'd be fine.
it is clean now.
it can't be hidden because extensions won't have anywhere to go,
(...) menu no longer accepts extension icons.
they are all in the same place now. this solves issues that people had with previous design.