Edge closes unexpectedly

Brass Contributor

I have a number of webpages saved as apps.  If I start the page by clicking on the windows icon and then clicking on the app, it will open but close unexpectedly.  If I start the webpage buy starting Edge and then type in the webpage address to open, it works fine.

9 Replies
I deleted one of the apps and then reinstalled it as an app and it works fine.
Did you create apps before the last update?
Did the crash happen after the update?
What about all your other apps?
Answering these questions will narrow the scope of research.
Regards

@pp_e2 

The apps were created a long time ago, before the last update.

The crash started happening today - Oct 15, 2021

The other apps also fail in the same way

@pp_e2 

I also get this error msg:

ronha365_0-1634320309360.png

Updated text

What it strongly implies that the culprit might be the latest upgrade update, but you'd open yourself to the Edge Team a little more, informing them about your op system and Edge version as minimum.

Try to tip us to few app-pages hyperlinks. Some of us and the Team workers would be able to check or recreate such crashes.

But if I am correct, the ball is in the Edge Team backyard now.

@pp_e2 

Microsoft Edge Version 96.0.1043.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit)

ronha365_0-1634320660471.png

A bit of advice in the end. Put together your data, add few exemplary addresses of your apps, but check your messages once again, and send all the data to the Edge Team via "Send feedback". Attach few screenshots (important!), as well. Feedback is official (or semi official) channel of communication between MS and Edge users which is read for sure. Some scattered drops of info like here may be overlooked sometimes. I hope the feedback will appear to be helpful.

This is a great piece of advice, @pp_e2, we do read all the feedback submitted, and this one would come directly to my team. I have the same build of Windows and Edge on my machine and I'm not seeing this at present. The page not responding issue is separate and should be filed separately (with the URL). I am guessing that something went wrong with a recent update and uninstalling/reinstalling will fix your issues - I know that's a pain.

We are investigating a number of different "launch and crash" issues, so hopefully we are able to get this figured out soon.

-John

@johnjansen 

It looks like the latest Windows update solved the problem.

Thanks for your input and help.

Ron