Edge Canary breaks Sharepoint (MacOS)

Bronze Contributor

Just updated to 

Version 130.0.2831.0 (Official build) Canary (arm64)

This massively breaks sharepoint. 
RobOK_0-1726067660174.png

12 Replies
Version 130.0.2839.0 (Official build) Canary (arm64)

Still broken. Does anyone else see this?

@RobOK Hi - I believe you might be running into this issue: "Convert MathFunctionParser to the streaming parser" broke Sharepoint rendering [367166498] - Chromi....  The fix should be coming to Edge soon and we are also reaching out to the SharePoint team to make improvements on their end as well.  Thanks! 

Yes! I'm surprised y'all are not using Sharepoint inside Microsoft! 😉
It doesn't appear to be just Mac. I'm seeing it on Windows in Edge Dev today. I had to open FireFox to upload some files. This is going to be a pain until it is fixed.

Sadly, seeing this also. Edge Dev v130.0.2835.2. Think it started happening late last week. Affects SharePoint Lists the most, but also seeing it break SharePoint site home pages...

The fix is marked as completed for Chromium since yesterday. It has not yet arrived in Edge, the error is still present in version 130.0.2849.1 (Official build) dev (64-bit) on Windows. Updated today.

Just got
Version 131.0.2857.0 (Official build) Canary (arm64) [MacOS]
and it is fixed here.

It should also be fixed in Microsoft Edge Beta Channel version 130.0.2849.5, which was released today.  

Microsoft Edge release notes for Beta Channel | Microsoft Learn.  Thanks! 

-Kelly

I have version 130.0.2849.5 and error still exists - has not been fixed.

Apologies!  I just spoke to our developers and the Chromium fix just missed making it into Beta 130 this week.  The release notes have been updated to remove mention of the fix.  The fix should be included in the next Beta release. 

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

-Kelly

Hi @RobOK, This is also an issue for my organisation after recent edge updates. latest edge version 130.0.2849.5 (Official build) stable app, beta on windows devices. 

Go to edge settings - about edge and turn off Preview Microsoft Edge releases early. this has fixed the issue from my end