SOLVED

Edge Beta crashing as of Jan 20, 2023 after update i guess

Iron Contributor

Edge Beta is crashing after 5 to 10 minutes of opening.  Started Jan 20, 2023 late. Disabled the Edge WinView2 or whatever that is but didn't help.  I have Edge standard open and there are no issues. Firefox isn't crashing either.  I have searched high and low but don't see anything out there.  I will just use another browser for now and wait to see if things change in a couple of days.  

I guess this is more of an FYI

126 Replies
Same issue here `Version 110.0.1587.17 (Official build) beta (64-bit)` on Windows 11.

@Dave_Gleason_DGNorCal 

Exactly the same for me. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Edge beta Version 110.0.1587.17 (Official build) beta (64-bit) on my Win 10 pro PC has also been crashing for the last couple of days.

@Dave_Gleason_DGNorCal 

Same here, annoying!

I do have same issue, submitted the crash dump...hope we will have some fix soon :)
HELLO? Nothing from MS.

Switched to beta bc an issue with the official release… now the beta is crashing every 10 minutes… and I can’t set Canary as my default because… you can’t.

So, here we are…

same here. it's quite the major bug that somehow slipped past dev & canary. i really hope they fix it soon.

Same here, version 110.0.1587.17 beta on 64-bit Windows. Switched to main release version for now, without trouble. Will revert upon new beta build, and test.
There is also feedback from some Chinese users in the Microsoft community who have encountered similar problems.
https://answers.microsoft.com/zh-hans/microsoftedge/forum/all/microsoft-edge/3b52274c-9c23-43dc-8e97...
"Same Microsoft Edge Beta, version 110.0.1587.17 (official version) beta (64-bit), PC Windows 11 system.

Edge automatically updated to this version after booting on the evening of January 21, 2023.

After that, it started to flash back frequently, every time after locking the screen, the browser flashes back from time to time, and immediately after switching to other applications within a few minutes. In the upper right corner, there is a recovery button that indicates accidental closure.

Tried the repair function that comes with the application in the control panel to automatically reinstall the problem is still not resolved.

In writing this feedback also flashed back, affecting the normal use of the browser, I hope to fix it, thank you!

Also, happy new year!"
This is the problem I mentioned in the Microsoft Chinese community.
Same issue for me. Windows 10 version 22H2 and Edge Beta 110.0.1587.17

@Dave_Gleason_DGNorCal 

I'm seeing the same across my estate (we run 10% on BETA) for all versions of Windows 10/11.
All running 110.0.1587.17, lets hope MS patch soon and re-issue ASAP

Same issue here `Version 110.0.1587.17 (Official build) beta (64-bit)` on Windows 11.

@Dave_Gleason_DGNorCal 

Version 110.0.1587.17 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) Crashes every few mins, even when just sitting idle (so to speak). :(

Same with me, we are part of the windows autopatch test group which getting the beta version Version 110.0.1587.17 (Official build) stable app, beta channel (64-bit)
Microsoft Verified Best Answer

@Dave_Gleason_DGNorCal 

Sorry for the inconvenience. The fix should be released shortly. Until then a workaround may be:

1. Close all instances (verify in task manager)
  2. msedge.exe --disable-features=msTriggeringSignalGenerator,msTriggeringUseAssetDeliveryService

If that doesn’t help, please retreat to the stable channel.

The issue, crashing after 5 - 10 minutes, is present on MacOS Monterey version 110.0.1587.15

@Dave_Gleason_DGNorCal  Same issue here running edge Version 110.0.1587.17 on Windows 11 Enterprise

I'm afraid "msedge.exe --disable-features=msTriggeringSignalGenerator,msTriggeringUseAssetDeliveryService" did not work for me :(
1. You confirmed that there were no msedge.exe processes in Task Manager before running, right?
2. Can you please share an Uploaded Crash Report ID # from your edge://crashes page?