Dev channel update to 99.0.1141.0 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders!  Today we’re releasing build 99.0.1141.0 to the Dev channel.  Before we get to that, we’ve got a great look back on everything we did with the extensions platform and ecosystem last year, and you can read it here:  https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/articles/microsoft-edge-add-ons-a-2021-lookbook/m-p/3068284.  Additionally, for PWA/web app devs, we’ve got a first look at how you can use protocol handlers for your app:  https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2022/01/20/getting-started-url-protocol-handlers-microsoft-edge/.  As for everything else that’s new and exciting: 

Added features: 

• Added a management policy to control if the Sign In Cta (call to action) On the Ntp (new tab page) is Enabled.  Note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have happened yet. 

Improved reliability: 

• Fixed a crash on launch on Mac. 
  • Fixed a crash when choosing where to save a file that’s being downloaded. 
  • Fixed a crash when closing the browser. 
  • Fixed a crash when autofilling a form. 
  • Fixed a crash when editing saved autofill data. 
  • Fixed a crash when importing data from another browser. 
  • Mobile: 
    • Fixed a crash when signing into the browser. 
    • Fixed a crash when typing in the address bar. 
    • Fixed a crash when editing Favorites. 
    • Fixed a crash when using Read Aloud. 
    • Fixed a crash when using Citrix. 

Changed behavior: 

• Fixed an issue where Find on Page sometimes doesn’t highlight some of the matches it finds when stepping through them one at a time. 
  • Fixed an issue where Find on Page may not be accurate if there’s invisible content on the page. 
  • Fixed an issue where menus sometimes unexpectedly scroll when they don’t need to. 
  • Fixed an issue where Efficiency Mode sometimes can’t be turned off. 
  • Mobile: 
    • Fixed an issue on iOS where Adblock Plus sometimes doesn’t block as many ads as it should. 
    • Fixed an issue where Read Aloud sometimes starts unexpectedly. 
    • Fixed an issue where Read Aloud sometimes stops unexpectedly. 
    • Fixed an issue where payment card info sometimes can’t be saved to the browser. 

Known issues: 

• Users of certain ad blocking extensions may experience playback errors on YouTube.  As a workaround, temporarily disabling the extension should allow playback to proceed.  See this help article for more details. 
  • Some users are still running into an issue where all tabs and extensions immediately crash with a STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH error.  The most common cause of this error is outdated security or antivirus software from vendors like Symantec, and in those cases, updating that software will fix it. 
  • Users of the Kaspersky Internet Suite who have the associated extension installed may sometimes see webpages like Gmail fail to load.  This failure is due to the main Kaspersky software being out of date, and is thus fixed by making sure the latest version is installed. 
  • Some users are seeing “wobbling” behavior when scrolling using trackpad gestures or touchscreens, where scrolling in one dimension also causes the page to subtly scroll back and forth in the other.  Note that this only affects certain websites and seems to be worse on certain devices.  This is most likely related to our ongoing work to bring scrolling back to parity with Edge Legacy’s behavior, so if this behavior is undesirable, you can temporarily turn it off by disabling the edge://flags/#edge-experimental-scrolling flag. 

Believe it or not, next week will be our last scheduled Dev release for 99, give or take a small patch or two, so thanks for helping us get there! 

8 Replies

Thank you for sharing and let us know and sharing possible issues.

Browser and GPU Process still use between 10% and 30% CPU each, even on an empty tag. That makes the browser unusable as my laptop keeps heating up.
Yeah, same here. I work with headphones and fan noise always suprises me, when i take it off. Running on debian with kde (kwin-x11) on intel graphics. I also tried to disable compositing, but no luck
Thanks for the update. Running great on my Apple Silicon MacBook Pro 14" model!
Same here.
Surface go, both windows and edge on dev channel.

@josh_bodner thanks or the update! Still waiting for the enterprise account support to login in the Linux Edition.

One cause of it should be fixed in this week's Dev build. Let me know if you're still seeing it since we think there are other causes.
Hi Josh,
It seems resolved, yes. I will test more and then write back. Should I reply here or is there some other way we can track this?