05-30-2019 02:10 PM
05-30-2019 02:10 PM
Hello insiders, today we released build 18.104.22.168 to the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel. Some of the most noteworthy fixes and improvements in this build are include:
Thanks once again for being an insider, and keep it up with all the great feedback.
05-31-2019 07:33 AM - edited 05-31-2019 07:38 AM
@Elliot Kirk wrote:
- Clicking the shortcut for a pinned website will now select a tab that contains the shortcut’s website if one is already open instead of opening a new tab every time.
- Hovering over a website’s address on the history page now shows the full URL
The features above does not work for me yet. Were they mentioned too early :)?
To be precise:
I filed feedback on both cases :)
05-31-2019 08:15 AM
@Elliot Kirk Thanks for the update!
I don't know if it is useful for you but:
I had sent a feedback on the fact that the settings button wasn't working sometimes with the surface pen and the touch: with this update is fixed, i don't know if it was intentional or maybe related to the fix for the InPrivate mode.
PS: any update on when the PDF features of the old edge (for the surface pen) will be available? and the syncing of extensions, fill-in data etc?
Edge is already my default browser on all my devices, but those two features are really important =)
05-31-2019 01:11 PM
I want know two things.
Is it possible to put Edge Dev in French (Canada) for the UI and activate the check spelling for this language instead of English (US). Or do you wait when you got further in the development for add these features? My point is for French (Canada) but it's valid for other language.
One feature I want see added is the possibility of "remove from list" a downloaded file (or clear the whole list) directly from the download bar instead to go in the Download page and clicking on the "X".
Edge Dev is my default Chromium-based browser then keep the good work!
06-02-2019 01:37 AM
Coming with the May 2019 Update (now in the process of rolling out to GA), you will be able to select different themes for Windows and Apps.
Once you have the May 2019 Update, navigate to Settings > Personalization > Colo(u)r: Choose your colo(u)r: Customized
Once you select Customized, you'll be able to set the colour of Windows and Apps separately :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:
06-03-2019 10:57 AM
Has anyone been able to get this feature to work?
06-03-2019 03:36 PM
Hi @Mike Dominik, both you and @Rahsna Asurac seem to be having an issue with our pinned websites. Can you please help me understand what you are doing and what you are seeing? I have tried this feature on the latest Dev channel with several sites and it seems to be working as expected for me.
1) Go to some distinct site, I have tried both Imgur.com and Microsoft.com pages.
2) Go to More Menu (...) -> More Tools -> Pin to Desktop
3) Close Dev channel browser, double click on the new desktop shortcut
4) The specific site opens.
5) Double click on the desktop shortcut again, focus is returned to original (and only page).
6) Click on + (New Tab) and go to some site, different from shortcut.
7) Double click on the desktop shortcut again, focus is returned to original, other page is still open.
8) Navigate away from that specific page, like the root of Microsoft.com.
9) Double click on the desktop shortcut again, a new tab is created and navigates to the correct specific page.
Please let me know if you are seeing something different. We may have a bug in some conflicting setting. Thanks for your feedback and your help getting to the bottom of this!
06-03-2019 04:25 PM
I thought "pinned website" referred to a pinned tab and that, if a shortcut on the desktop matched the URL, it would select that one. Everything is fine now that I follow your instructions and I'm happy with the way it works.
06-03-2019 10:07 PM
After following your instructions, I see that it works as described.
I mistook a "shortcut for a pinned website" (original wording) for these:
...which are shown when I open a new tab.
By the way, what are those called? In Edge Classic, I see they go by the name "Popular pages", which is technically incorrect, since you can add your own sites to it as well, not just popular pages - "Personal pages" mayhaps :)?
by WandersonS13 on May 26, 2020
by theshaunsaw on May 26, 2020
by Wiesshund on May 26, 2020
by Bdsrev on May 25, 2020
Posted in Microsoft Ignite The Tour 2019 on February 14, 2020