Dev channel update to 76.0.172.0 is live

Microsoft

Hello insiders, today we released build 76.0.172.0 to the Microsoft Edge Dev Channel.  Some of the most noteworthy fixes and improvements in this build are include: 

• Fixed an issue where Edge sometimes crashes on launch.
  • Fixed a crash when viewing settings in InPrivate.
  • Clicking the shortcut for a pinned website will now select a tab that contains the shortcut’s website if one is already open instead of opening a new tab every time.
  • Hovering over a website’s address on the history page now shows the full URL.
  • Fixed an issue where the first launch experience doesn’t happen if the user isn’t connected to the internet.
  • Fixed an issue where certain dialogs are cut off on small screens.
  • Fixed an issue where the side panels on certain edge:// pages aren’t visible when the window is at a narrow height.
  • Fixed an issue where the horizontal scrollbar did not appear on certain pages.

Thanks once again for being an insider, and keep it up with all the great feedback. 

18 Replies

Thanks Microsoft!

@Elliot Kirk  youtube new version issue fixed ?

Thanks, Dev Team!!

You make really a very good job with this project!

Yes I think it's working again

@Elliot Kirk wrote:

• Clicking the shortcut for a pinned website will now select a tab that contains the shortcut’s website if one is already open instead of opening a new tab every time.
  • Hovering over a website’s address on the history page now shows the full URL

The features above does not work for me yet. Were they mentioned too early :)?

To be precise:

• When I open a new tap and tap/click on one of my pinned sites one time, wait for it to finish loading and the tap/click again, it just opens another tap with the same page, instead of selecting the one that's already open.

• Full urls are still displayed in the address bar for me

I filed feedback on both cases :)

@Elliot Kirk Thanks for the update!

I don't know if it is useful for you but: 
I had sent a feedback on the fact that the settings button wasn't working sometimes with the surface pen and the touch: with this update is fixed, i don't know if it was intentional or maybe related to the fix for the InPrivate mode. 

Good job!

PS: any update on when the PDF features of the old edge (for the surface pen) will be available? and the syncing of extensions, fill-in data etc? 
Edge is already my default browser on all my devices, but those two features are really important =)

thanks ;)

@NAHAS_N_ This is a google problem, not a Edge problem.

@Elliot Kirk 

Hi,

I want know two things. 

Is it possible to put Edge Dev in French (Canada) for the UI and activate the check spelling for this language instead of English (US). Or do you wait when you got further in the development for add these features? My point is for French (Canada) but it's valid for other language.

One feature I want see added is the possibility of "remove from list" a downloaded file (or clear the whole list) directly from the download bar instead to go in the Download page and clicking on the "X".

Edge Dev is my default Chromium-based browser then keep the good work! 

Thank.

@Rahsna Asurac 

The second feature is only for history, not the address bar--unless the post was recently updated.

AdCoHhl

@Elliot Kirk  Do you know when we will be able to disable dark theme in Edge but keep dark theme in Windows?

@ikjadoon Oh!

My mistake. Thank you for pointing it out to me, ikjadoon :grinning_face_with_sweat:

@Dimitris Tsaousoglou 

Coming with the May 2019 Update (now in the process of rolling out to GA), you will be able to select different themes for Windows and Apps.

Once you have the May 2019 Update, navigate to Settings > Personalization > Colo(u)r: Choose your colo(u)r: Customized

Once you select Customized, you'll be able to set the colour of Windows and Apps separately :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Elliot Kirk Thanks for the update! Unfortunately, the scrolling with touchpad problem is still there. Hopefully it can be fixed soon.

Has anyone been able to get this feature to work?

Hi @Mike Dominik, both you and @Rahsna Asurac seem to be having an issue with our pinned websites.  Can you please help me understand what you are doing and what you are seeing?  I have tried this feature on the latest Dev channel with several sites and it seems to be working as expected for me.

My Repro:

1) Go to some distinct site, I have tried both Imgur.com and Microsoft.com pages.

2) Go to More Menu (...) -> More Tools -> Pin to Desktop

3) Close Dev channel browser, double click on the new desktop shortcut

4) The specific site opens.

5) Double click on the desktop shortcut again, focus is returned to original (and only page).

6) Click on + (New Tab) and go to some site, different from shortcut.

7) Double click on the desktop shortcut again, focus is returned to original, other page is still open.

8) Navigate away from that specific page, like the root of Microsoft.com.

9) Double click on the desktop shortcut again, a new tab is created and navigates to the correct specific page.

Please let me know if you are seeing something different.  We may have a bug in some conflicting setting.  Thanks for your feedback and your help getting to the bottom of this!

@Elliot Kirk 

I thought "pinned website" referred to a pinned tab and that, if a shortcut on the desktop matched the URL, it would select that one. Everything is fine now that I follow your instructions and I'm happy with the way it works.

Thanks!

@Elliot Kirk  Thanks microsoft.

I was trying to load a webpage which has huge data. It took more time in Microsoft Edge Dev, same thing tried in Chrome browser and its loading quickly.

@Elliot Kirk 

After following your instructions, I see that it works as described.

I mistook a "shortcut for a pinned website" (original wording) for these:

Anmærkning 2019-06-04 070247.jpg

...which are shown when I open a new tab.

By the way, what are those called? In Edge Classic, I see they go by the name "Popular pages", which is technically incorrect, since you can add your own sites to it as well, not just popular pages - "Personal pages" mayhaps :)?