Dev Channel update to 115.0.1866.1 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing build 115.0.1866.1 to the Dev channel, another small update with fixes and a new policy. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below.  Mobile will get the Dev build at a later date. We also got a new blog post and YouTube videos for you to check out.

Microsoft Edge: Your AI-powered browser, innovating for businesses and developers - Microsoft Edge B...

Microsoft Edge l Built-in AI tools help you make smart purchase decision - YouTube

Microsoft Edge l Smart browser features find you deals - YouTube

Microsoft Edge | TeamViewer Streamlines User Experience with Microsoft Edge WebView2 - YouTube

Microsoft Edge for Business | The browser for business with innovations in AI and productivity - You...

Experience the new look of Microsoft Edge - YouTube

Microsoft Edge | Building Progressive Web Apps for the sidebar - YouTube

Microsoft Edge | Bringing WebView2 to Microsoft Teams and beyond - YouTube

Microsoft Edge | State of web developer tools - YouTube

Microsoft Edge for Business | A dedicated work experience with new AI, productivity, and management ...

Added features:  

• Enterprise:
    • New policy: (Note: Updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet)
      • Added SearchForImageEnabled policy.

Improved reliability:  

• Android:
    • Fixed browser crash when closing all tabs on tablets.

Changed behavior: 

• Fixed the missing Workspaces symbol on the title bar after restoring tabs.
  • Added Copy back in the context menu when a hyperlink is highlighted.
  • Android:
    • Fixed translator bar stuck on screen.
  • WebView2:
    • MemoryUsageTargetLevel API has now been promoted from the experimental stage to public.
    • Fixed UWP size issue on extended displays (#3002)
  • Enterprise:
    • Fixed unable to exit out of full screen video in Kiosk mode.

See an issue that you think might be a bug? Remember to send that directly through the in-app feedback by heading to the ... menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback and include diagnostics so the team can investigate. 

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

15 Replies

@Eric_E This build has broken the UI for some sites and the browser itself. 

for me it is occurring for certain child window/popups modal window taskbar that is not rendered. Kinda looks cool but I can't move the window when it pops up :p submitted feedback already but proving to be quite a challenge to use today

3mxF5FUHiu.png

@dailen This is a known issue that our engineering team is currently investigating and resolving. In the meantime, you can use Beta or stable versions to avoid disruptions to your workflow. 

@dany20mh We appreciate your report on this issue. To help us investigate and resolve it, please send us your feedback from the browser with a screenshot and diagnostic data attached.

1. Click on the three dots menu button.
  2. Go to Help and feedback.
  3. Click on Send feedback.
Multiple websites not rendering properly. They are in some sort of wide mode. Google News, Gizmodo, MLive are some examples where the sites don't seem to render correctly in this update.

@bhargavreddy  some examples where they don't render properly 

Web capture_25-5-2023_215042_www.mlive.com.jpegWeb capture_25-5-2023_215110_gizmodo.com.jpegWeb capture_25-5-2023_215139_news.google.com.jpeg

@bhargavreddy Thanks for the screenshots.  I'm unable to reproduce this.  Does it still happen with  InPrivate window?

I'm able to reproduce this now, and I have notified the engineering team. Thanks for reporting this.

@Eric_E for me is the tab bar got some UI problems, as u can see in the screenshot, the tab bar's color and tab position is messed up.

@Eric_E 

Is it me, or have the window controls (minimize-restore-close buttons) disappeared from dev tools? 

NoelBurgess_0-1685291170258.png

[Edge v113.0.1774.57] {"arch":"x86-64","os":"win"}

@Eric_E

这个网站(中国铁路12306网站)的日期选择控件显示异常  ,日期的文字是重叠在一起的。正式版edge和chorme浏览器全部都能正常显示。screenshot20230530.png

上图是显示异常的图片

screenshot20230530 (1).png屏幕截图 2023-05-30 150834.png

当把字体样式取消后,显示正常

@Noel Burgess it's not just you! I thought I was losing my mind.

abdelfattah_0-1685462660647.png

I love the new UI that is using the Windows 11 style Mica

@ybgjj2009   删除 C:\Users\???\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge Dev\User Data   ,并启动edge,显示正常;关闭edge后再打开edge,又恢复了原来显示异常的样子。