Dev Channel update to 113.0.1774.3 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing the first build 113 with 113.0.1774.3. This release includes a range of fixes, new features, and policies. For more details on the changes, be sure to check out the highlights below.

We recently released Workspaces preview for consumers, a multiplayer browsing experience that lets you organize projects in separate, customizable browser windows which can be easily shared with others. Click on the link below to find out how to sign up. Please submit feedback using the thumbs up or down prompt in the Edge Workspaces menu, or through the feedback tool in the browser.

Additionally, we have other blog posts below that we encourage you to check out.

Microsoft Edge Workspaces public preview is now available

Taking control of your application’s title bar

Microsoft Edge | What's New in DevTools 111 - YouTube

Interested in becoming a mobile tester for our mobile team?

Added features:  

• Now you can edit images from the context menu or visual search menu.
  • Added Show Discover option in the Sidebar settings.
  • Added filter options in the address bar.
  • Android:
    • Added Wallpaper Center.
  • Enterprise:
    • New policy: (Note: Updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet)
      • Added EdgeLockedViewModeEnabled policy.
      • Added PDFRestoreView policy.
      • Added New PDF viewer policy.
      • Added policy to disable quick action menu on iOS.
      • Added policy to always show Downloads button on toolbar.
      • Added policy to disable the Read Aloud feature.

Improved reliability:  

• Fixed browser crash when clicking on the Cancel button from the sign-in dialog.
  • Fixed browser crash when removing a site from Sidebar.
  • Fixed browser crash when clicking on Quit app from the Sidebar’s context menu while playing a video.
  • Fixed browser crash when launching the browser.
  • Fixed browser crash when opening InPrivate window.
  • Fixed browser crash when clicking on Create new workspace button.
  • Fixed browser crashing when launching.
  • Fixed browser crash when playing a video in certain scenarios.
  • Fixed browser crash when ungrouping a tab after changing the group color or title.
  • Fixed browser crash related to WebAuthn Conditional Mediation request.
  • iOS:
    • Fixed browser crash when opening Favorites while in the InPrivate tab.
    • Fixed browser crash when closing an InPrivate tab.

Changed behavior: 

• Fixed the middle click on the Extensions toolbar button not opening the Extensions page.
  • Fixed Open link in New Tab and Open link in New Windows opening twice.
  • Fixed the disabled Copy link button in Workspace.
  • Fixed web contents not scaling when maximizing a Workspace window.
  • Fixed missing Collections in certain scenarios.
  • Fixed DevTool device emulation not working.
  • Fixed Favorites bar Show icon only setting reset on browser restart.
  • Fixed rounded corner flags not working.
  • Fixed tabs merging together after turning off vertical tabs.
  • Fixed opening a blank page when clicking on Open link in new tab button From Sidebar pane header.
  • Fixed Outlook sidebar dark mode.
  • Fixed Sidebar mini music controls not displaying.
  • Fixed can’t open tab context menu when using touch.
  • Fixed the missing Picture-In-Picture overlay button in PWA.
  • Fixed Immersive reader not rendering Wikipedia pages correctly.
  • macOS:
    • Fixed the missing green Update arrow icon when there is an update.
  • iOS:
    • Fixed Cancel, Done and Delete buttons not working when editing favorites.
    • Fixed always start with new tab settings not working correctly.
    • Fixed the New Tab Page displaying a white screen.
  • Android:
    • Fixed Remember my choice option not working when certain websites want to open external app.
    • Fixed MSA sync turned off after switching accounts.
  • WebView2:
    • WebMessageObject API has now been promoted from the experimental stage to public.
    • CookieManager API has now been promoted from the experimental stage to public.
    • Fixed Shift + Tab trapped focus inside WinForms (#2835)
    • Fixed application running WebView2 disappears unexpectedly (#3062)
    • Fixed Editable PDF form temp data are getting cached (#3274)

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

10 Replies

@Eric_E Since the introduction of the discover button, Edge has a flaw that whenever the favorites panel or similar is pinned, the sidebar is also displayed even when this option is turned off.  Here is what I see

rshupak_0-1680740489848.png

The sidebar wastes what looks like 96 pixels.  This is more than 20% of the size of the favorites panel wasted for something I explicitly turned off.

Since Edge is capable of displaying SxS windows with or without the sidebar, it should be able to display a sidepanel without the wasted space as well.

Rich

Is this version remove the Right click gesture? It's goot to use,i wish it come back.

@Eric_E Liking the new update and what it's introduced, however the #edge-rounded-containers and #edge-visual-rejuv-rounded-tabs still aren't working from what I'm seeing unfortunately. 

Version 113.0.1774.3 (Official build) Dev(x86_64). Also seeing it on an M1 Mac.
Many issues to report, some very sever=

Critical issues=
---------------------
- Efficiency Mode and Sleeping tabs are quite broken now. I have tab groups and when i minimize a tab group, the tabs are not put into sleep anymore, Google tabs are not put into sleep anymore (Gmail/translate)

- Heavy hard-disk writes right now, please fix this!

General annoying issues=
----------------------------
- When using side bars there is a big black line to the left and right on the top of the browser, vanishes when title bar is activated or side tabs deactivated

- Side bar apps are not closed when minimized and i do a right-click on quit app - to close them i have to open them and then quit app works

Please fix the memory issues, Edge swallows now tons of memories
Also in general Edge Developer version needs now with this version tons of memory - the awesome memory minimization from the previous version is fully gone.

Fix this please, this is a massive regression!

This has gotten worse.  Now the content area overlaps the pinned favorites or history pane by the width of the unwanted sidebar.  Here is what I see right now.

rshupak_0-1680811159398.png

Hello,
Will Dev ever go back to the same version as Canary? It has been running the same version as Beta for the past two versions.

Jeff
Hi,
does anyone have problems enabling profile synchronisation on linux on AAD work account?
Seem like copy link text is gone now so any hyperlink can only be copy as link. I start to felt like Microsoft is removing productivity features.
What worse is that the issues I found in dev and canary are now push to stable which meant those features are lost permanently.