Dev Channel update to 111.0.1633.0 is live.

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing build 111.0.1633.0 to the Dev channel, which includes mostly fixes and a new feature on Android. Mobile devices will receive the Dev build at a later date. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below.

Added features:  

• Android:
    • long press on New Tab Page now can enter the Wallpaper center.

Improved reliability:  

• Fixed browser crash related to the Search sidebar.
  • Fixed browser crash related to Search in the Mini menu.
  • Fixed browser crash on an older version of Windows 10 when trying to use a camera.
  • Fixed browser crash when moving a tab into a separate window.
  • Fixed browser crash when dragging a tab out of a Group Tab.
  • Android:
    • Fixed browser crash related to Read Aloud.
  • WebView2:
    • Fixed crashing issue related to Sandbox.

Changed behavior: 

• Fixed links from PWA so they no longer open in Workspace.
  • Fixed can’t add current page in Sidebar in certain scenarios.
  • Fixed duplicated MSA sign-in issue.
  • Fixed can’t print on printers with names containing Japanese strings.
  • Fixed Quit App on the context menu for Discover and Search Sidebar not working.
  • macOS:
    • Fixed Default workspace for external links setting that caused external links to open in a window that was not the last active window.
  • iOS:
    • Fixed zooming issue on PDFs.
    • Fixed duplicated quick links.
    • Fixed the Restore prompt showing up when there was no crash.
    • Fixed multi-page PDF showing a different page of the PDF when switching from portrait to landscape and vice versa.
  • Android:
    • Fixed duplicated quick links.
  • Xbox:
    • Fixed video corruption playback issue.
  • WebView2:
    • We disabled preconnect to search to stop the SSL connection when opening about:blank page. (#2978)
    • Fixed the open file dialog box not opening. (#3075)
    • Fixed re-installation fails if WebView2 is running (#3137)
  • Enterprise:
    • Fixed top sites data not clearing after changing identity on iOS.

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

16 Replies
The hardware acceleration and proxy setting modules in the settings item are gone.

Cannot hide the Discover button from toolbar, should be possible to hide all desperate attempts to promote Bing.

Agree, this button is completely unwanted, behaves in unexpected ways (eg opens a panel when you just mouse over it), doesn't match the rest of the button design, and is in the place where the ... menu should be.

I still see both ...

It doesn't seem to have any function. Whether left nor right clicking does anything, it's dead.
It's even better that they just completely ignore the existence or appearance of this giant Discover button mess.

:face_with_rolling_eyes:

@Jussi Palo This is an experimental feature, and we are looking for user feedback to determine any changes to the feature. I would strongly encourage you to submit feedback to the team regarding your thoughts on the experiment to help them gather and investigate.

To do so, you can head to ... menu > Help and feedback > Submit feedback.

I am not sure if I can even post a link to other sites on here, but this tip worked perfectly for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftEdge/comments/10jccjy/remove_the_discover_purple_star_button/
They are in System and performance page.
I forgot to explain, it is macOS system.

@Tenero Can you try resetting your settings and see if that solves the issue? 

This will reset your startup page, new tab page, search engine, and pinned tabs. It will also disable all extensions and clear temporary data like cookies. Your favorites, history, and saved passwords will not be cleared.

1. Click on the three dots menu button.
  2. Click on Settings.
  3. Click on Reset settings.
  4. Click on Restore settings to their default values.
  5. Click on Reset.
After not having any crashes on the version that was released on Monday to fix the crashes, this one crashed within an hour after updating to it

@dejan_008 Thanks for reporting this. I would like you to submit feedback from the edge://crashes page for our engineering team to investigate. 

1. Type edge://crashes in the address bar and press enter.
  2. Locate the crash by matching the date and time when it occurred.
  3. Click on Submit feedback.
  4. In the Describe what's happening, enter Dev 111.0.1633.0 is crashing.
  5. Include your email address and make sure Allow (recommended) is selected for Send diagnostic data to Microsoft.
  6. Click on Send.

@Eric_E  你好,Eric_E,我发现109正式版到111DEV版本的edge对于sidebar的中文翻译存在不统一的问题:在设置菜单中翻译为“侧栏”,而在其详细设置中被翻译为“边栏”和“侧边栏,能不能统一翻译?

网页捕获_28-1-2023_151530_settings.jpeg

我更喜欢翻译成“侧边栏”
This I will mention it here too, though I already used the built-in feedback: On Linux (Fedora 35+XFCE) the background of the tab bar is not updated properly. Initially shows the background, then if the windows is moved, smeared pixels. The worst effect is that the tab "header" of a closed tab remains visible (until window moved, at which point it gets smeared)., which is very confusing. The bug pretty much makes this version unusable for me.