Dev Channel update to 110.0.1556.0 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing build 110.0.1556.0 to the Dev channel, which includes a variety of fixes and new features. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below.

Please note that as we are in the holiday season, this will be our last build release for the year. However, we may publish minor fixes throughout December.

The Edge mobile team is looking for feedback on a few scenarios and would love for you to take 10-20 minutes out of your day to let us know how you feel about the thoughts we have. You can take the survey hereNote that none of the scenarios listed are guaranteed to be implemented. 

Added features:  

• Sidebar pane can now be resized.
  • Sidebar now has mute/unmute menu.
  • Sidebar apps now support push notifications.
  • You can now access Sidebar search in PWAs.
  • WebView2:
    • Gamepad data fetch has been added to the gameinput API from the Microsoft GDK.
    • Added "Toggle Visibility" menu item under "View" tab in WinForms.
  • Enterprise:
    • New policy: (Note: Updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet)
      • Added SearchInSidebarEnabled policy.
      • Added WorkspacesNavigationSettings policy.

Improved reliability:  

• Fixed a crash when playing the Surf game.
  • Fixed a browser crash when adding a 3rd party site to Sidebar.
  • Fixed browser crash related to Sidebar.
  • Fixed browser crash when activating the Mini Menu.
  • Fixed browser crash issue after some period of activity usage.
  • Fixed Restore tabs prompt at every launch due to a crash.
  • iOS:
    • Fixed browser crash related to Collections.
    • Fixed browser crash when switching accounts.
    • Fixed browser crash related to tooltips window.
    • Fixed browser crash related to the reading list.
  • Android:
    • Fixed browser crash when switching accounts.
    • Fixed browser crash when sharing files.
    • Fixed Read Aloud crash issue when reading some pages.
    • Fixed browser crash related to the sign in to sync button.
  • Enterprise:
    • Fixed browser crash related to PasswordManagerBlocklist policy.

Changed behavior: 

• Fixed the New Tab button not displaying next to tabs.
  • Fixed opening Collection pane affecting the Collection on another browser/machine using the same account.
  • Fixed the overlay scrollbar not displaying correctly.
  • Fixed edge://inspect page not working.
  • Fixed Workspaces opening in a new browser when reconnecting.
  • We replaced local/offline NTP with an error message.
  • Fixed the Error bar not displaying with the login UI.
  • Fixed STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL error when running the browser in Windows sandbox.
  • Fixed the issue where the URLs registered with AppsForWebsites open in the browser instead of their UWP app.
  • Sidebar games will now preserve the game state when moving to a new tab.
  • Android :
    • Fixed Read Aloud pausing on Wikipedia pages.
  • iOS:
    • Fixed search box partially obscured in landscape mode.
    • Fixed can’t scroll to the bottom on menus.
  • WebView2:
    • Fixed arrow keys not working in combo-box drop-down menus on Xbox.
    • Fixed the .NET out of memory issues due to WebResourceResponseReceived events reporting incorrect size.
  • Enterprise:
    • Removed the Audit option in the BrowserCodeIntegritySetting policy.
    • CertificateTransparencyEnforcementDisabledForCas policy now works with Android.
    • AAD sign in dialog only shows when no AAD account is signed in on Android.
    • Fixed page failed due to no client certificates prompt when visiting from an IE mode page.

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

Edited (12/16): changed the survey URL link

36 Replies

@Eric_E  the sidebar improvements are great, starting to see use cases for news sites and others that are useful at a glance.  Do wish however the sidebar could be merged with the vertical tab bar, would probably also make sense to access collections from the sidebar as well.

I thought that by reverting the recent touch changes it would mean that opening the context menu of vertical tabs would work with touch again, but no, it's still broken. Opening the context menu of pinned tabs when using vertical tabs does work with touch, however.

@Eric_E 

i've 2 test devices both in the same policy groups that have both upgraded to this release...
within edge://settings

1 has sidebar (between appearance and Start, home and new tabs) and the other does not???
the one that does can go to edge://settings/sidebar - the other cannot

both have the sidebar tools removed

any ideas?

@Migue333 the engineering team is currently looking into this, but we don't have an ETA at this time.

Eric

@ImAlex Thank you for considering providing feedback. If you haven't already, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to submit your suggestion through the browser by following the steps below. Your input is valuable to us.

1. Click on the three dots menu button.
  2. Go to Help and feedback.
  3. Click on Send feedback.
  4. Fill out the form.
  5. Once completed, click on Send.

Eric

@NickB Since you are using group policy, I would recommend creating a new post in the Enterprise forum to seek assistance from our enterprise team. This will allow the enterprise team to provide specific and relevant help for your situation.

Eric

Thanks @Eric_E will send the feedback.

@Eric_E on an Intel MacBook Pro (2018) with Ventura 13.1, I'm finding that PWA's and sites that are installed as apps are crashing whenever a key is pressed while the PWA is focused.

To reproduce, install Outlook.com as an app, then try entering text in the search bar.  

I've tested on the same machine with release Version 108.0.1462.46 (Official build) (x86_64) and it works fine.  I had no issues prior to Version 110.0.1556.0 (Official build) Dev(x86_64)

@MarkBarbieri Thanks for providing the steps to reproduce this. I will notify the engineering team.

Eric

@Eric_E Sidebar resizing isn't working for me when I use it as a "search in sidebar", but it does when I click on the sidebar "apps". Being able to resize the search one too would be great.

@danielpauley Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate your input and will pass it along to our development team. If you have any further suggestions or ideas, you can submit them directly through the browser with the steps below. Your input is valuable to us and helps us improve our product. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

1. Click on the three dots menu button.
  2. Go to Help and feedback.
  3. Click on Send feedback.
  4. Fill out the form.
  5. Once completed, click on Send.

Eric

I would like that the crash issue of edge when playing web based game that have lots of animations and video loaded (such as clicker game) and then stream video in other tab could be fixed.
Maybe it's related with RAM usage efficiency and allocation, because my PC has 32 gb ddr 5 with xms (corsair) but often has edge crashed, here are two latest crash dump
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f8pz02gRcIo7kkgvMhBayIlCJ83Yq-ED/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pUj1WG5QQ1A0dbo4r-Dhgywxmvnf5g7n/view?usp=share_link
I'm having same problem - PWA app of Outlook crashing with any key click. Frustrating.

@minfong88 Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. In order to submit this to the engineering team for investigation, please follow these steps:

1. Type edge://crashes/ in the address bar and press enter.
  2. If you see crashes listed, check the Capture Time to find the one you experienced this issue with and click on Submit feedback.
  3. Fill out the form and Allow to send diagnostic data to Microsoft.
  4. If you want updates, you can include your email address and allow the engineering team to contact you if they need additional information.
  5. Click on Send.

If you don't see this crash listed on the edge://crashes/ page, follow the steps below.

1. Click on the three dots menu button.
  2. Go to Help and feedback and click on Send feedback.
  3. Fill out the form and Allow to send diagnostic data to Microsoft.
  4. If you want updates, you can include your email address and allow the engineering team to contact you if they need additional information.
  5. Click on Attachments.
  6. Click on Choose file to upload and add the dump files.
  7. Click on Save and include.
  8. Click on Send.

Thank you for your help in improving our product and being a Microsoft Edge Insider. 

Eric

@Eric_E Hello Mr. Eric, I have send the feedback with the latest 5 crashed through the form you mentioned

@minfong88 I appreciate you taking the time to send those feedback.  The engineering team will investigate them.

Why slow built in password manager still not got fixed...?! Edge Password manager is so laggy when searching for a site or email ...! i reported this like year ago and it still never got fixed.. i had no such laggy issue in chrome, brave or chromium browser...
@Eric_E 我注意到新的版本中,打开收藏夹栏的网站时,浏览器会自动在一个新标签页打开,虽然比较方便,但是打开比较多的网站后,标签页过多,显得过于密集和杂乱。能不能提供一个选项,让用户自己选择?

@DarkCoder I wanted to let you know that our engineering team is actively working on this. However, I don't have a specific timeline for when it will be resolved. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.