Dev Channel update to 109.0.1518.5 is live

Microsoft

Hello Insiders! Today, we are releasing build 109.0.1518.5 to the Dev channel. Lots of fixes in this build. Here are the highlights of this build below. 

Also, this is the last week to fill out the Semiannual Edge Insider Survey: November 2022. If you still need to complete the survey, it will only take 2 to 3 minutes. 

Added features:  

• Added Ctrl + Z (Undo), Ctrl + Y (Redo), and Ctrl + S (Save and close) to Screenshot editor in the Send feedback tool.
  • Added On-hover tool options for Smart Explore in the Appearance settings.
  • Added a Site permission request prompt in the Sidebar.
  • Added the option to set a Workspace name and color after clicking Move all tabs to a new workspace.
  • Added the option to set a Workspace name and color after creating a Workspace from a tab group.
  • WebView2:
    • Added keyboard shortcuts support to Winforms and WPF framework methods. (#1216 and #1703)
    • Added keyboard/mouse input filtering API. (#112)
    • Added Experimental LocaleRegion API.
    • Added Experimental Tracking Prevention API.
    • Add support for custom context menu in PDF View (#2607)
  • Enterprise:
    • New policies: (Note: Updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet)
      • DefaultAutomaticDownloadsSetting - the default setting for automatic downloads, used by all sites except those specified in the allow/block list.
      • AutomaticDownloadsAllowedForUrls - enable automatic downloads just for the sites in this list.
      • AutomaticDownloadsBlockedForUrls - disable automatic downloads just for the sites in this list.
      • DefaultClipboardSetting - set the default setting for clipboard site permission.
      • ClipboardAllowedForUrls - set a list of URL patterns that specify sites that can use the clipboard site permission.
      • ClipboardBlockedForUrls - set a list of URL patterns that specify sites that can't use the clipboard site permission.
      • DisableSidebarSearch - disable the search in the sidebar.

Improved reliability:  

• Fixed browser crash related to printing.
  • Fixed browser crash issue with 3rd party Windows Shell namespace extension.
  • Fixed browser crash related to Sidebar awareness prompts.
  • Fixed browser crash when clicking on Hide from toolbar context menu.
  • Fixed two browser crashes issue when closing a Workspace.
  • Fixed browser crash when moving a tab to a Workspace after being idle.
  • Fixed browser crash related to hover card views in a Workspace.
  • Disabled the Rename, cut, and copy context menu from the Favorites Bar due to issues causing it to rename the Workspace instead or the browser to crash.
  • Fixed browser crash when signing out of AAD profile after performing a search query in the address bar.
  • Fixed browser crash related to Collections.
  • Android:
    • Fixed a crash issue when signing into the browser.
    • Fixed browser crash when accessing Password setting.
  • WebView2:
    • Fixed a crash related to audio utility process.

Changed behavior: 

• Fixed the extra blank space after clicking on Open in New Tab in the Sidebar's Game pane.
  • Fixed can't open Smart Explore settings from the image hover menu issue.
  • Fixed the missing nickname when adding or updating passwords issue.
  • Fixed can't view local PDF file issue.
  • Fixed invalid link issue while using Secure VPN.
  • Fixed Follow pane not showing the post after clicking on the See post button from the Following notification.
  • Basic writing assistance will now be used instead of Microsoft Editor when using an InPrivate window.
  • Fixed Workspaces missing from the Workspace list after update.
  • Fixed missing pinned tabs in a Workspace.
  • Fixed back action not getting reflected to other collaborators in a Workspace.
  • Removed Import Favorites on the Favorite bar in Workspaces.
  • Fixed Datalist not filling in the input field when selecting an option.
  • Fixed the favicon icon not loading when adding a site on Sidebar.
  • Fixed PWA shortcut opening a regular window instead of the PWA window after an update.
  • Follow Pinterest creators is now enabled by default.
  • Fixed the Website Typo Protection Proceed button not working correctly on certain typos.
  • Fixed an issue where collab overflow view may not be laid out in Workspaces.
  • Fixed Customize sidebar so it still can be open while the Sidebar is hidden.
  • Fixed showing an arrow instead of an X on some sites under Your Top Sites in the address bar drop-down menu.
  • Fixed PWA getting removed from the Start menu and Apps list issue.
  • Fixed an issue where tabs won't load or be all white due to being unable to launch new processes.
  • Fixed the incorrect last name displayed on the Basic info settings page.
  • Fixed Read Aloud never loading on certain PDFs.
  • Fixed high memory usage with long scanned PDFs.
  • macOS:
    • Fixed sign-in issue.
  • iOS:
    • Fixed restore session failed, the webpage is blank, and click refresh cannot load on iOS 14.x.
    • Fixed unable to view saved passwords.
    • Fixed the back button not working in the Passwords settings.
    • Fixed the Top Site icon size and display.
  • Android:
    • Fixed unable to open the favorite folder from favorites search results.
    • Fixed selected Voice item from getting unselected when swiping up or down in the Read Aloud voice option settings.
    • Fixed a stuck display of the first translated language name after tapping Undo and selecting another language in Immersive Reader.
    • Fixed open tabs from other devices not showing up.
    • Fixed the missing lock icon on the address bar.
  • WebView2:
    • Fixed ProcessCmdKey not triggering. (#1215)
    • Fixed WPF popup does not acquire keyboard focus. (#951 and #1134)
    • Fixed ToolStripMenuItem ShortcutKeys do not work inside the browser. (#1254)
    • We disabled Ctrl/Shift + Click, Ctrl/Shift + Enter, or Middle wheel click by link/button to open a new tab/window popup. (#2652)
  • Enterprise:
    • Quick sign-in no longer shows when the BrowserSignIn policy is set to 0.
    • Fixed SpellcheckEnabled policy not working correctly.
    • Fixed first top site not displaying when more than eight top sites are configured via policy on Android.
    • Fixed profile switching issue when visiting office.com.
    • Fixed the AAD sync setting on sign-in on iOS.
    • Fixed managed Top Sites policy not taking effect on Android.

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

9 Replies
Hi,
All I can say is WOW this browser update looks like a really nice one that contains some interesting new features to try out. As I currently have chromium edge development version set as my default browser at least so far I'm actually liking what I'm seeing and do realize that I'm only one user so I can only voice my opinion. I do have other chromium based browser's installed on my computer that are somewhat different from edge but I find myself still preferring chromium edge over the others ! Please keep up your great efforts in making edge better and better, by the way I just thought I'd state that I don't have the google chrome browser installed on any of my windows computer's.
I appreciate you taking the time to send us kind feedback, Davy49. We listen to all feedback we receive. If you have any suggestions or feature requests that you would like to see in the browser, you can submit them in the Send feedback dialog from the browser.

Eric

@Eric_E Could you pin this discussion?

Hi, Eric_E!

The Edge browser always automatically opens when I log in to macOS. Once I remove the edge from login items, the edge browser will add it to the login items when the edge would be open next time.

How can I prevent it?

Thanks for the reminder. It is now pinned.

Hi @ZL_Wei,

I want to get more info about this. Is this started happening with the latest update? Are you experiencing this with insider builds, stable, or both?  What macOS version are you running?

@Eric_E  It's happening Edge 107.0.1418.35 stable builds.my macOS running version is Ventura 13.0.

@Eric_E This is fantastic news! I'm so excited to be able to test out the new features and improvements that this update brings. I'm sure that this will be a great addition to the Dev Channel, and I'm looking forward to seeing what else is in store in the near future. Thanks again for keeping us informed on the latest updates and developments.

I'm also excited to see how this update will improve my experience on Pinterest. I love being able to browse and discover new pins, and I'm sure that this update will make my experience even better. I'm looking forward to seeing what else is in store with this update and all future updates to come!

yes, it is very helpful now for me to download videos from Pinterest. I am using Pinterest Video Downloader to download videos from Pinterest.

@EricE However, if you're referring to a software update for a particular application or platform, it's likely that version 109.0.1518.5 brings bug fixes, feature enhancements, or other improvements to the Dev Channel. To get the most accurate and up-to-date information about the update, I recommend checking the official release notes or announcements from the developers or the platform's website. Yes, downloading Instaup Apk has been really beneficial to me lately. When I want to download videos from Pinterest, I use When I want to download videos from Pinterest, I use Pinterest Video Downloader.