CTRL+N blocked (open a new window) not working for Edge kiosk --public browsing

Copper Contributor

As tested with Public-Browsing CTRL+T blocked (open new tab) works ok but CTRL+N blocked (open a new window) does not work. Keyboard shortcut CTRL+N still open new page. Any workaround suggestion/s. I tried in both Edge version 89.0.774.34 (Official build) beta (64-bit) and version 88.0.705.74 (Official build) (64-bit) on Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804). 

4 Replies

Hi,
when do you mean by "blocked" ?

I'm trying on Edge stable Version 88.0.705.74 (Official build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 latest version,

I can press Ctrl + N to open new Edge window,

and press Ctrl + T to open new tab in the active Edge window,

also press Ctrl + W to close Edge tabs/windows.

@HotCakeX new tab and new page in Kiosk mode --public browsing should get blocked as per this doc:

Configure Microsoft Edge kiosk mode | Microsoft Docs

jajjaar_1-1614271288923.png

CTRL+T blocking works in --public browsing kiosk mode 

jajjaar_2-1614271700914.png

Hope this clarifies the issue more.

Thnx.

Thanks for the clarification and for the report on this! I've reached out to the Kiosk team to get some more info on what version this should be working in and what may be going wrong here.
-Alex
Alright, the Kiosk team let me know some more details on this feature. We have only blocked Ctrl+N in the single app mode - and that document does not state this distinction clearly (we're working to update that to clarify.) Also, from the screenshot, Ctrl+T is not blocked either (and that is the expected behavior). Hitting Ctrl+T opens a new tab - it just blocks the new tab page content from loading in Kiosk mode.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!