SOLVED

Cannot add IDM extension from File Explorer

Copper Contributor

I joined this community to improve stability of Microsoft Edge because it is my favorite browser.

Now my problem I cannot add some of Chromium extensions from File Explorer, IDM(Internet Download Manager) is the popular download manager for Windows. I tried 3 times but showing "We can't add apps, extensions or user scripts from this website" according to screenshot, even after enabled allow extensions from other source option. I am using Microsoft Edge beta Version 77.0.235.20 (Official build) beta (64-bit) in Windows 10 May Update 2019 (64 Bit).

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Gaurav_Sahare (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi, welcome to the forum!
can you try installing the extension from chrome store instead:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/idm-integration-module/ngpampappnmepgilojfohadhhmbhlaek

if it fails or still doesn't work, i'd suggest using the Dev or Canary channel instead until the Beta gets its fixes and patches.
I can confirm installing the extension from that link works with IDM on Edge Canary.

also, check if you have these 2 options enabled in edge://extensions/

Annotation 2019-09-11 204218.png

Yippie! Thanks for help @HotCakeX 

Finally IDM Integration module has been added via Chrome Web Store.

That's great, you're welcome!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Gaurav_Sahare (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi, welcome to the forum!
can you try installing the extension from chrome store instead:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/idm-integration-module/ngpampappnmepgilojfohadhhmbhlaek

if it fails or still doesn't work, i'd suggest using the Dev or Canary channel instead until the Beta gets its fixes and patches.
I can confirm installing the extension from that link works with IDM on Edge Canary.

also, check if you have these 2 options enabled in edge://extensions/

Annotation 2019-09-11 204218.png

View solution in original post