bug: when Edge is in dark theme, websites such as Twitter aren't in dark theme (Edge for Android)

Steel Contributor

There is a problem with Edge for Android: when a browser is set to dark theme/dark mode, supported websites (maybe supported is the wrong word?) such as twitter are supposed to be in dark theme too. So when Chrome for Android is in dark theme, the twitter website uses dark theme. But this doesn't happen with Edge for Android. (I'm using Android 10). This is not about a "force dark mode" or "invert mode" or whatever it's referred to, this is about websites such as twitter that make their own dark theme and serve that up when they see the users browser is set to dark theme. Please investigate!

5 Replies

@Bdsrev We appreciate you letting us know! If you haven't yet, can you please submit feedback and diagnostic data through the browser? I've seen a number of feedback items around this, so I suspect it's a known issue, but we'd like to see the logs just to be sure.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

Fawkes you are awesome. Any update on if or when there's going to be a public issue tracker for Edge? It feels wrong to be basically reporting bugs in a discussion forum like this, I miss the Edge issue tracker :(

@Bdsrev Thanks, I appreciate that! :stareyes:

Yes, we've received a number of requests for a public issue tracker, so we know it's important to our community. While we don't have any updates to share, the team has heard the request loud and clear, and is continuing to actively investigate possibilities.

In the meantime, we encourage folks to also report bugs via the in-browser feedback functionality. Depending on if/what action the team decides to take with each feedback item, you will receive different update emails.

Thanks again for all the feedback!

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

what makes this issue so weird is that it's only with Edge on Android. On Edge for Windows, sites like twitter etc. ARE in dark mode when Edge is set to dark theme. I hope they fix this soon (and btw, yes I have Android 10 OS set to dark theme)

Hey there. Are there any updates regarding this issue?