[Bug] Microsoft Edge on Mac OS X reports certificate as ERR_CERT_REVOKED

Copper Contributor

cert.png 

• The certificate is still valid.
  • The certificate's root is NOT installed on the system.
  • The URL looks like: https://****.home.lan:8443

While it shouldn't be trusted, it shouldn't be reported as revoked I believe, and still allow me to continue to the website.

4 Replies
Hi,
is your CA an offline one?
if it it isn't an offline one, you need to install the root certificate. also provide a way like OCSP for programs to get the CRL.
the certificate's date doesn't mean anything. because the CA can revoke it at any time. I'm sure you know this

@KristofMattei Thanks for sharing this, and welcome to the MS Edge Insiders community. For some initial troubleshooting; does this also happen on other Chromium-based browsers, and/or other channels in Microsoft Edge? And if it doesn't happen in other places, can you please submit detailed feedback and diagnostics through the browser?

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge

@Deleted So couple of things:

1) Weirdly enough this did not happen in Safari (when I opened this thread). It does now, why, I don't know..., maybe I accepted it even before)

2) The error still stands, but I managed to trace it down. 

The issue is that the certificate was valid for longer than 825 days. Since this is all in my local network I did 10 years and Mac OS X does not like that. 

Now, I don't know whether Edge/Chrome go THROUGH the same engine, or whether they have a different engine with the same rules, but at the moment I am error free and I will need to renew the certificate in 824 days! 

Feature request: is there a certificate validator somewhere for local certificates? Like something that goes over it line by line and says what's wrong? The error that I got was really non-descriptive, in fact, it was even wrong.

Thanks for checking in. 

@KristofMattei Glad to hear it worked out! And yes, we'll make a note of this.

Fawkes (they/them)
Project & Community Manager - Microsoft Edge