Bug and suggestion to web apps in the Edge Canary

Iron Contributor

I'm using webapps for a lot of sites that are offering this one, but the Edge for Android doesn't support it so well and the Edge Canary has a BUG!

When I install some site as an app, the Edge continues showing the Edge bar (you can see it in my Attachment bellow), as if I were using the browser.  It isn't necessary for webapps, but it wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't for a bug in those buttons.

vctgomes_0-1618609870446.png

The BUTTONS JUST DOES NOT work and it is still in front of the content, even with no function.

vctgomes_1-1618609960642.png

And now, my suggestion: When I try to add a site as a app the Edge just create a new shortcut, but in others browser (like Samsung Internet), the browser create a really (and almost) native app, with settings page and the links are opened in this webapp installed.

vctgomes_2-1618610181858.png

Look at the differences between the Edge Can version and the Samsung Internet version, that is almost a app.

vctgomes_3-1618610225854.png

It has, including, a setup page with uninstall buttons and more.

Please, Microsoft, add this new features as well

1 Reply

hello,
Indeed on some sites it gives exactly that, I guess they do not have an android manifest ... But some sites like Twitter are suitable for mobile PWA, with a special icon, and opens in a different format. On the other hand this is not the case of Youtube, which has a computer manifest, but apparently does not have mobile, because the link in PWA opens in the browser ... will know why all these differences I hope canary will unify all this