Bookmarks reappear after deletion

Brass Contributor

After I delete bookmarks they later reappear in Chromium Edge. If I delete them again it happens again. 

13 Replies

@tomyan112 

Bookmark/favorites sync is broken, turn sync off for now

Annotation 2019-11-27 093434.png

@tomyan112 

Tom,

For myself this I think is happening following updates and it affects the Other Favorites folder exclusively.  I have reported it to an Edge Team member.  Anyone experiencing this should, also.

Cheers,
Drew

They already know it, that why they posted that announcement, see my comment above

@HotCakeX The announcement is no longer there yet any bookmarks I delete just return the next time the browser is opened and if I move bookmarks then they show up in both places.

I've logged a new issue here and linked this one:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/deleted-bookmarks-reappear-after-deletion-still-o...

@tomyan112 @Robin Wilson 

Tom,

This was fixed a while ago, since or after back when you posted the OP.  Although, it seems some people are seeing it, just now or again.  For myself it has not re-occurred; how about for you? 

Cheers,
Drew

It has not occurred since I turned off the favourite sync.

@tomyan112 

@tomyan112 wrote:
It has not occurred since I turned off the favourite sync.

Haha xD

@Robin Wilson 

@Robin Wilson wrote:

@HotCakeX The announcement is no longer there yet any bookmarks I delete just return the next time the browser is opened and if I move bookmarks then they show up in both places.

I've logged a new issue here and linked this one:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/discussions/deleted-bookmarks-reappear-after-deletion-still-o...

Hi, you're right the problem is still there.

favorites sync is still the same as it was all the time, it has no duplicate prevention system, no method of preventing deleted favorites from showing up when multiple devices sync with the same Microsoft account.

sync speed is so slow and when multiple machines are syncing at the same time, the sync engine gets confused and doesn't know which change to register and which change to propagate among other devices..

It's not fixed yet, in None of the channels.

Wow, neat, it's 10-22-2020 and Microsoft still hasn't fixed this insanely simple sync issue? On top of the failure to sync search engines, what a dumpster fire. I like everything else about Edge but this is sad.

Switched to Edge from Chrome a couple of months ago and just noticed this problem, deleted a bunch of bookmarks on one PC and then noticed they were all still on another PC a few days later.

@J-Ron  its now 13/02/2021 and its still not fixed i deleted all my book marks then i reset sync yet they have still all reappeared.

Shame i wanted to use edge guess its back to chrome.

@Drew1903 In my world it still isn't fixed.  Your post is dated December 2019 and here I am, over three years later, with the same problem.  I've disabled the sync feature on all my devices yet the problem persists.  I really don't understand why Microsoft can't fix something as basic and annoying as this.

@Spydah I gave up moved back to chrome