Add an import and export all Edge settings

Steel Contributor

Spelunky_1-1629457525326.png

This will help to restore settings after a fresh install or reinstall

7 Replies
After a fresh install or reinstall, it should sync your settings within a few minutes. Not really sure this is necessary.

@Deleted 

Hi,

Synchronization only affects things like bookmarks, passwords, and a few more things about the user profile. All other settings are not synchronized.
I agree that everything could be synchronized, all settings without exceptions. It would even be better than exporting and importing.

Ah, my apologies for misunderstanding.

I would create another thread/update this thread in which you list things that do not sync and hope someone from the Microsoft Edge synchronization team reads this thread.

I also think it's not a good idea for all settings to be synced, as the user might want a feature to be enabled in the browser installed on computer X but disabled in the browser installed on computer Y.
So I think it's better to have the option to export and import the settings.

I think this feature might be useful to create the "template" user profile with custom settings.

@Spelunky 

Welp. Another good thing that no longer exists. :unamused: I will never understand why helpful features are removed from applications.

Edge_Reset_2022-02-18_15-01-06.jpg

@Spelunky  Export and Import all settings would also be helpful to move settings between different Edge profiles on the same computer.