SOLVED

About best way to report a Translate issue found with Edge ?

Brass Contributor

Hello all,

just today, while using Edge Enterprise v96.0.1054.34 (Official Build x64), I found a web site where Edge internal Translator 'Translate selection to English' feature was able to translate almost everything, all various paragraphs split in various frames in web page except one word.

So, at this point I'm wondering if best way to report issue should be here via TechCommunity or 'Send feedback'.

Best Regards

Rob

3 Replies

@SwimmeRM 

Hello

" rob " For this word you wrote this post?

But surely MTC is not the right place to send feedback on translations of one word - I think.

The website you have used certainly allows you to send feedback on their translations.

best response confirmed by SwimmeRM (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hey there Rob! Send feedback is the best option for this, and if you happen to have the page open with the word that isn't translating correctly you can check to include a screenshot to help the team out in finding the error. Thanks!

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Discuss Stable features and issues on the answers.microsoft.com forums, join us on Twitter, or join the communities over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

@Alexandra-R
Many thanks for confirming this.
I was already just a little expecting 'Send feedback' to be best way, but had some minor little doubts after all checks I did here on MSTC and some past questions asked by others.
BTW I already sent my report so I can also confirm that all remaining paragraphs in same page were indeed correctly translated from German to English and in my report I also added screenshot of IE11 opened on MS Bing Translator web page immediately showing proper translation of same German word into English.
Very weird indeed. :-s

@A1
thanks for your suggestion too, even if IMHO not applicable because German text on that website was written mainly for same native language audience, so I did translations for my own use only.

Best Regards
Rob

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SwimmeRM (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hey there Rob! Send feedback is the best option for this, and if you happen to have the page open with the word that isn't translating correctly you can check to include a screenshot to help the team out in finding the error. Thanks!

Alex Rowell (she/her)
Community Manager - Microsoft Edge
Discuss Stable features and issues on the answers.microsoft.com forums, join us on Twitter, or join the communities over on Reddit in r/MicrosoftEdge or r/edge

View solution in original post