A kind of curious toggle button added to Share, copy, and paste in Edge

MVP

there is a new description saying:

Using the "Link" format by default when copying links within a web page will load the destination page in the background to obtain the destination page's title. Loading the destination page in the background will have the effect of visiting the page to the server. However, the visit to the page will not appear in your browsing history.

which is good, explains how the feature works.

Edge Version 89.0.736.0 (Official build) canary (64-bit)

fdsfs.jpg

but I don't see the reason for a toggle button.

it says "Use the format selected above by default when copying links within web pages"

and you can already select the "default" by clicking/tapping on one of the two squares, so what's the point of a toggle button? an extra confirmation?

turning it off and on has the same behavior for me. in my opinion it's a little useless.

8 Replies

@HotCakeX Some websites dont undesrtand. Like when I paste a link in facebook, it is doing it as a text. but when I right click and paste as , it says link default. Strange. 

@Deleted 

@Deleted wrote:

@HotCakeX Some websites dont undesrtand. Like when I paste a link in facebook, it is doing it as a text. but when I right click and paste as , it says link default. Strange. 

Yes, the page says: "Some paste destinations don't support all paste options, in which case the destination will paste what is supported. "

I think it has that toggle since the current one is on links on the url bar? not the webpages it self? That is confusing

@Deleted 

@Deleted wrote:
Merry Chirstams

I don't celebrate it and lets not go off topic.

@Deleted 

@Deleted wrote:
I think it has that toggle since the current one is on links on the url bar? not the webpages it self? That is confusing

No, it'll be there regardless.