The March 2021 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows includes the following time zone update:
- Individuals and organizations in the Republic of South Sudan were recommended to temporarily set the time zone on their devices to “(UTC+2:00) Harare, Pretoria” from February 1, 2021 at 00:00.
- Beginning with the March 2021 Cumulative Update Preview, South Sudan customers will now move to a new Windows time zone, "(UTC+2:00) Juba".
- This can be done in one of the two ways:
- Select the Windows logo key, type "time zone", and select Change the time zone. From the time zone dropdown, select “(UTC+2:00) Juba”.
- Navigate to Control Panel > Date and Time > Change time zone. From the time zone dropdown, select “(UTC+2:00) Juba”. Select OK to apply the change.
- This change is for customers running the following Windows 10 versions:
- Windows 10, version 1809
- Windows 10, version 1903
- Windows 10, version 1909
- Windows 10, version 2004
- Windows 10, version 20H2
- South Sudan customers running other, supported versions of Windows will see the relevant changes in the April 2021 monthly quality update.
For Microsoft's official policy on DST and time zone changes, please see Daylight saving time help and support. For information on how to update Windows to use the latest global time zone rules, see How to configure daylight saving time for Microsoft Windows operating systems.