Third party patching lenovo catalog not working.

Brass Contributor

Hi

Working with a customer who is currently on ConfigMgr 1910.

Trying to set up third party patching using Lenovo updates catalog. However, I seem to be getting an error 12029, unable to create the subscription. I noticed also it didnt auto populate after switching on third party updates and performing a initial sync. 

When checking the SMSAdminUI.log that doesn’t provide any additional information.

Now the ConfigMgr environment is configured for 3rd party updates and I can see the Third-party WSUS certificate deployed and configured. I have made the adjustment to the client settings as well.

Checking the software update point site system role, it is on the primary site server so no need for the additional SSL requirements, it is configured so the SSL is required for communication to WSUS server on 8530/8531 and it is configured to use a proxy server when synchronizing updates.

The environment is already used as a SUP for general windows updates and they are working fine so confused why third party catalog upload isnt working.

Also I am using the latest v3 lenovo catalog URL at https://download.lenovo.com/luc/v2/LenovoUpdatesCatalog2v2.cab

it says v2 but it is actually v3 they have just used the same URL.

Any ideas? Is it proxy related? I can see from the official documentation around this that download.microsoft.com over HTTPS port 443 is needed. however would that apply for Lenovo?

Please help

Many thanks

1 Reply
To confirm it was a proxy related issue, the machine needed a proxy to get out to the internet.

The lenovo catalog has subscribed successfully however I noticed that the Dell and HP catalog have not synced which I was expecting to see...