Some Applications wont install 0x87D00324(-2016410844) but doesnt actuall install

Copper Contributor

Config Manager Version : 5.00.9078.1014
Client Version: 5.00.9078.1006
We have a large number of application we use for the SCCM self service portal. Recently within the last week or so we started having some packages failing with error code 0x87D00324(-2016410844) which normally means that its failing to detect but its still installing fine.
keep in mind these have worked for months just fine.
The package is not installing at all which is why its failing to detect. it downloads and places in the cache, and then says its installing, couple screen blinks etc. then fails with that error code and nothing is installed. it seems to be happening with about half of my applications. and comparing against a working one shows no visible difference. both packages working and non working are exes, have worked for a long time prior etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as every search i do comes up with "Change your detection method" which is not the case here.
Thank you
Tom

2 Replies
So i noticed one one of the applications PGAdmin4, Its failing and should be installing in program files, it was installing correctly for weeks but now its putting the files in C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Programs\pgAdmin 4
its so odd, Nothing has changed, and not sure how long this has been going on for if it was a change in the update or what.
That path means that it is installing for the local system account. Likely the user will NOT have access to the files.