Community is a big part of Microsoft Ignite – and we seek your help to create a great interactive experience that could drive hundreds of thousands of community members to connect and create bridges in ways we never have before.
We will be hosting Table Topics, a set of moderated threaded conversations here in the Tech Community in the following topic categories:
- Application Development
- Business Applications
- Career Development
- Community Best Practices and Community Leadership
- Data and AI
- Enabling Remote Work
- Microsoft 365 (⬅ This is where the Microsoft Teams submissions should go!)
- Power Platform
These Table Topics are Tech Community conversations happening throughout the event, across all timezones, and likely to continue after the event. This will be a great way for the entire planet to connect over these topics (some great ones were proposed on Twitter here). Because this is part of the Tech Community, we will be able to support multiple languages in the online discussion: Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. We are currently working on a way that the conversations will show up in the MyIgnite experience.
How we see this working - an example for illustration purposes.
We can have multiple threaded conversations for each Table Topic, for example for Enabling Remote Work:
- “Staying connected while working remotely or adjusting your management styles for working remotely.” Moderators: Tom Arbuthnot, Cathrine Wilhelmsen
- “Tips to ensure #worklifebalance while working remote” Moderator: Dux Raymond Sy, Laura Rogers
- “Lessons learned while remote working and home schooling” Moderator: Darrell Webster, Helen Blunden
Will there be an opportunity to speak?
Yes! For each Table Topic, there will be 3x Teams Meetings scheduled covering the three timezones (Americas, APAC, WE/EMEA) aka ‘Table Talks’. Table Talks will be conducted in English. They will be recorded and posted in MyIgnite.
Example of the Table Talks MCs
- Enabling Remote Work - Americas Table Talk MCs: e.g. Dux Raymond Sy, Laura Rogers
- Enabling Remote Work - APAC Table Talk TZ MCs: e.g. Darrell Webster, Helen Blunden
- Enabling Remote Work - WE/EMEA Table Talk MCs: e.g. Tom Arbuthnot, Cathrine Wilhelmsen
We plan to have have a full Table Topic agenda if we have a good list of topics per category and at least 3 unique moderators per timezone for each topic.
The beauty of this is – you don’t have to navigate through crowds to get from Hall A to Hall Z, you can have your own personal beverage of choice to power through the rapid-fire questions, and you can do this all in your pyjama pants!
Want to get involved?
Giving you an opportunity to submit your Table Topics before the form goes live tomorrow at 9AM! I will be asking for an open call for Table Topics via this form. Submissions close September 24 6PM Pacific Time (UTC-8).
Workflow for Table Topic submissions and selection.
Unfortunately, there will be no Community Call for Content this year. This is the primary source of community-generated interaction at Microsoft Ignite.
Call for Moderators form – Submit your Table Topics here!
We invite you to start submitting today, and to get them in before submissions close 6pm Aug 24th Pacific Time.
If you have any questions, please direct them to @Anna Chu and @Allie Wieczorek!