List ALL ARM and ASM/Classic resources with AzureRM PowerShell?

Brass Contributor

I've noticed that the PowerShell cmdlet Get-AzureRMResource (from AzureRM module v6.12.0) returns some classic resources types, which is great and helps for what I need to do (get an inventory of all resources across all of our subscriptions).

However, I'm hoping to find out if this is a dependable and complete listing of all classic resources in the subscription? or are there still classic resources that are not exposed to the ARM cmdlets/API?

Some of the resource types returned are

• Microsoft.ClassicCompute/domainNames
  • Microsoft.ClassicCompute/virtualMachines
  • Microsoft.ClassicStorage/storageAccounts

Note:  I'm running the commands under as an ARM "Reader" RBAC role holder at the subscription level, but I do not have ASM 'administrator' or 'co-administrator' rights.

3 Replies

@Bryan Hall 

Hope you're well :)

I would like to know if you have found the solution to this query, I was looking for the same and came across this article.

Please do let me know.

Thank you very much

Hello @PramodYuki,

While I never got a confirmation that the command results are dependable and complete, in my case, they were.  I eventually got owner (rbac) and service admin (classic) permissions to the subscription and visually compared the PS results to the portal.  We only had a few classic resources, so I can't say that other classic resource types would or would not be included in the PS results.

@Bryan Hall 

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I understand what you're saying :)

I am bothered with an issue in my azure account, I am not sure if I have to create a new post for this query, but I would greatly appreciate your insights on this.

I have a "Virtual network (classic)" resource which I want to delete, but it looks like there is a dependency linked to this resource i.e, "Class application gateway". Every time I try to delete it the following error shows up 

Succeeded: 0, Failed: 1, Canceled: 0.
Error details
Resource_name: Delete command failed with HTTP error code: 400

I have also tried deleting the resource group as a whole but no luck. and hence I am trying to pull out all the classic resource in a resource group but I just see the Virtual network (classic).

Please let me know if you have any pointers that I could follow, I have been on this for a while :)
My sincere gratitude