12-10-2017 01:58 PM
12-10-2017 02:56 PM
12-10-2017 03:31 PM
12-11-2017 12:18 AM
See steps below.
1. Go to your VM on portal.
2. Click on the Networking under settings in VM blade.
3. Click on the Network Interface in Networking blade.
4. Click on IP Configuration under settings in Network Interface blade.
5. Click on the IP configuration on the IP configuration blade.
6. Select Enable under Public IP address settings.
7. Create a New IP address and choose static. Save the IP address and then the IP Configuration.
12-11-2017 02:46 AM
by any chance, do you hv this through powershell ? i could create public IP through powershell but could not assign it to interface as we did through GUI ?
12-11-2017 02:51 AM
Below link has required steps to do this via Power Shell.
03-15-2018 06:33 PM
Do you have to do anythign else? I do not see these on my server to associate it to the website in IIS.
03-16-2018 04:11 AM
Have you assigned it to the webserver in the Azure portal using above steps?
If yes, what else you are trying to achieve.
Public IP will not be visible in IIS.
03-17-2018 07:38 AM
IP is NATed. It will be not visible in network configuration. You can read public IP from Identity Metadata Service, if you need to read it from the application perspective: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/windows/instance-metadata-service