Azure Update Management für die Patching-Verwaltung

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I can't understand why the updates marked in yellow were not installed automatically in the night from yesterday to today. Only one update was installed, although the two marked in yellow were already in the list. ServerUpdate.png

2 times a week updates are installed between 2 and 4 am, with a downtime of 120minutes. One update cycle was in the night from Friday to Saturday.

Can you please tell me why the two updates highlighted in yellow were not installed? What can I do so that they are also installed?

Thanks for your support

Stefan

9 Replies
Hello,

Could you send a screenshot of you Deployment Schedules options selected?

Also please make sure, that patches that are not installed are assigned to machine that added to Deployment Schedule.

I have no includes or excludes.

At which update klasification must set an include and which are installed autmatically (if I do not exclude them)?

O1.pngO2.pngO3.png

@Stefan Kießig 

Thank you very much for the detailed information.
You don't need to add patch KBs to the Include section before each maintenance window.
Could you also make sure that machines that don't apply patches are added to deployment schedules?

@oleksand_bakun 

Thanks for your response. 

The server are included in the update. 

But the updates are not installed on the server.

@Stefan Kießig,

Then, in the History of Deployment Schedule execution this patch id must be visible. What is the status of this update in the History section?

Here is example view of what you should see:

oleksand_bakun_0-1617802404653.pngoleksand_bakun_1-1617802443461.png

Based on the above information, it can be concluded that there are at least 2 reasons for these patches not applying:
1) Patches were removed or filtered from deployment schedules
2) Information about patches that have not been applied has been sent to the Log Analytics workspace after the maintenance window started

@oleksand_bakun 

The patch is not removed or painted.
Also, the patch has already been in the queue for several update windows.

@Stefan Kießig 

Could you please share the status of these updates in the History section of previous Deployment schedules?