Azure #CosmosDB: Secure, private, compliant

Community Manager

Azure Cosmos DB is Microsoft's globally distributed, multi-model database. Azure Cosmos DB enables you to elastically and independently scale throughput and storage across any number of Azure's geographic regions with a single click. It offers throughput, latency, availability, and consistency guarantees with comprehensive service level agreements (SLAs), a feature that no other database service can offer.

A database that holds sensitive data across international borders must meet high standards for security, privacy, and compliance. Additionally, the cloud service provider must anticipate and be ready for new standards, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which will soon govern the collection and use of EU resident’s data. Microsoft has pledged that Azure services will be GDPR compliant by the May 25 implementation date.

e801c667-410c-4a68-a35c-429c8837a3d9.png

Read about it in the Azure blog.

2 Replies
Hi Eric,
This is a great information. However, I was looking for the available options to secure personal sensitive data in azure cosmos database container. Could you please let me know if you have any insights on this?

Thanks

@sb991986 Hello! I'm a community manager here and not a product expert, so I won't be able to answer this question myself.

Perhaps @Rafat Sarosh, who wrote the original blog, has some insight into this?