WVD Client "Something Went Wrong" SSL Inspection

Copper Contributor

After several hours of trying to get the WVD Windows Client to connect to my new WVD pool, all I kept getting was 'Something went wrong'.  After examining the .etl dump file, I noticed an error about an invalid SSL Certificate.  Here at my company, we use SSL inspection on the firewall, so all certificates are actaully signed by it.  As long as an application reads the windows cert store, it sees the appropriate intermediate cert and no errors occur. 

But, this app does not appear to be doing that.  It will not connect as long as SSL inspection is in place.  If I use a different internet connection without SSL inspection, the client works fine.  

Why would all other Microsoft and Office applications have no issues with the SSL inspection, but this app does?

Thank you,

Greg

1 Reply

@orion25 Hi Greg, would you mind reporting this issue through Feedback Hub and replying to the link to the feedback. This will help to track and send us the logs.

Reporting steps: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/windowsdeskto...