SOLVED

Client connection error of RDGateway: ConnectionFailedClientDisconnect (-2147467259)

Brass Contributor

Some users disconnect from AVD session with this error:

Kind

Source

Error

Message sample

Deployment

RDGateway

ConnectionFailedClientDisconnect (-2147467259)

The network connection between the Windows Virtual Desktop client and the service was unexpectedly interrupted.

How can I know the main reason of this disconnection ?

11 Replies
best response confirmed by bacharbader (Brass Contributor)
Solution
I have solved this issue by asking the user to install the latest updates for remote desktop application.
@bacharbader 
Found this blog. We're encountering the same issue; all our client is at the most recent AVD Client Version. 
ConnectionFailedClientDisconnect (-2147467259)

Currently working through various scenarios to try and figure this one out.
Almost 1/3 of our daily users gets this error - 550 according to AVD Insights.

We'll be logging a MS Support Case.

Seeing this as well, I was having a ton of the UDP Shortpath errors, but after using the ADMX template for AVD I was able to resolve that, now Im still seeing a lot of this.

Did you happen to get anything out of Microsoft about that error "ConnectionFailedClientDisconnect (-2147467259)" ?? Our users are on the current version of the RDClient
Anyone was able to solve this issue? Im having random disconnects even with updated RDP APP. Same exact error message. I have a Microsoft Support ticket open for 2 months so far and they do not help at all. We are alone basically to solve Microsoft Product problems.

@bacharbader 

Make sure latest version, isolate endpoint and redeploy client, this is my suggestion in past experience

I also have the same thing here.
what firewall do you have for the AVD hosts ?

@BacharBader77 I resolved this by using the AVD ADMX template and forced the hosts to use TCP instead of UDP streams.

Our hosts are behind an Azure firewall.

This error code happens because of the RD gateway and as very successful workaround you can enable the UDP in the AVD or the cloud pc to avoid the source of error which is the gateway

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/configure-rdp-shortpath?tabs=public-networks...
According to the document, the connection must fallback to TCP if UDP is not available. I'm using Azure firewall too, and in a region that is not available for TURN. so AVD connection is TCP already. I didn't force TCP by GPO as you did.... may be I need to test your way. thanks
I have all ports opened to use UDP but because I'm using Azure firewall (SNAT) I cannot use UDP without TURN that is still in preview and not available in my region too. the connection is falling back to TCP.... I'm not sure if I need to force TCP only.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by bacharbader (Brass Contributor)
Solution
I have solved this issue by asking the user to install the latest updates for remote desktop application.

View solution in original post