AVD Connection Issue

Copper Contributor

1. I can connect AVD from the Browser but when I try to log in from a remote desktop, I get some error like the screenshot below.

Augustine_Anand_0-1718975987350.png

Augustine_Anand_1-1718976054468.png

Kindly help me as soon as possible.

Looking for your quick response.

thanks

Augustine Anand S

2 Replies

Hi @Augustine_Anand,

I understand how frustrating it can be to encounter connection issues with Azure Virtual Desktop (AVD). The error code 0xCAA80000 indicates an authentication issue, which can occur due to several reasons. Let's go through some steps to diagnose and resolve this issue.

### Step-by-Step Troubleshooting Guide for AVD Connection Issue

#### 1. Verify User Credentials
Ensure that the credentials you are using to connect via the Remote Desktop Client are correct and have the necessary permissions.

#### 2. Check Network Connectivity
Ensure that your device has a stable internet connection. Sometimes, network issues can cause authentication problems.

#### 3. Update Remote Desktop Client
Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Remote Desktop Client. You can download the latest version from the [Microsoft Remote Desktop](https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/user-documentation/connect-windows-7-and-10) website.

#### 4. Clear Credentials
Clearing saved credentials can resolve issues related to stale or corrupted credential data.
1. Open **Remote Desktop Connection**.
2. Click on **Show Options**.
3. Navigate to the **Advanced** tab.
4. Click on **Settings** under **Connect from anywhere**.
5. Click on **Delete Credentials**.

#### 5. Check AVD Tenant Configuration
Ensure that your AVD tenant and host pool are configured correctly. Sometimes, misconfigurations can cause authentication failures.
1. Verify that the host pool is running and has available session hosts.
2. Ensure that the session host is registered with the AVD service.

#### 6. Review Conditional Access Policies
Conditional Access policies can sometimes block access. Ensure that there are no policies that could be preventing authentication.
1. Go to the **Azure portal**.
2. Navigate to **Azure Active Directory** > **Security** > **Conditional Access**.
3. Review the policies and ensure that the device or user is not being blocked.

#### 7. Configure MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication)
If your organization uses MFA, ensure that the settings are correctly configured and that you are completing the MFA prompts as required.

#### 8. Check Firewall and Antivirus Settings
Ensure that your firewall or antivirus software is not blocking the Remote Desktop Client.
1. Add exceptions for the Remote Desktop Client in your firewall and antivirus settings.
2. Ensure that ports 3389 and 443 are open and not blocked.

#### 9. Verify Device Compliance
If your organization enforces device compliance policies, ensure that your device meets all compliance requirements.
1. Go to **Settings** > **Accounts** > **Access work or school**.
2. Select your account and ensure it is connected and compliant with your organization's policies.

#### 10. Collect Logs for Further Analysis
If the issue persists, collect logs to analyze further.
1. Enable logging in the Remote Desktop Client by navigating to **Settings** > **General** and turning on **Enable logging**.
2. Attempt to connect again and collect the logs for detailed analysis.

### Additional Resources
- **Microsoft Docs on Troubleshooting AVD:** [Troubleshoot Azure Virtual Desktop](https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/troubleshoot-azure-virtual-desktop)
- **Microsoft Remote Desktop FAQ:** [Remote Desktop FAQ](https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-desktop/user-documentation/troubleshoot-general)

### Conclusion
By following these steps, you should be able to identify and resolve the authentication issue with error code 0xCAA80000. If you continue to experience problems, consider reaching out to Microsoft Support for further assistance.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions or need additional assistance.