Mar 29 2022 12:36 PM - last edited on Apr 14 2022 11:02 AM by Eva Seydl
Today we are announcing the General Availability of FSLogix 2201. Updates include improvements to login and logoff times, cloud cache performance improvements, and 30+ accessibility updates.
This release can be installed over previous versions of FSLogix.
Installation Instructions: Install FSLogix Agent - FSLogix | Microsoft Docs
• Fixed issue where the FSLogix Profile Service would crash if it was unable to communicate with the FSLogix Cloud Cache Service.
• The OfficeFileCache folder located at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\OfficeFileCache is now machine specific and encrypted so we exclude it from FSLogix containers. Office files located outside this folder are not impacted by this update.
• Windows Server 2019 version 1809, and newer versions of Windows Server, natively support per-user search indexes and we recommend you leverage that native search index capability. FSLogix Search Indexing is no longer available on those versions of Windows Server.
• Windows 10 Enterprise Multi-session and Windows 11 Enterprise Multi-session natively support per-user search indexes and FSLogix Search Indexing is no longer available on those operating systems.
• FSLogix now correctly handles cases where the Windows Profile Service refCount registry value is set to an unexpected value.
• Over 30 accessibility related updates have been made to the FSLogix installer and App Rules Editor.
• A Windows event now records when a machine locks a container disk with a message that looks like "This machine '[HOSTNAME]' is using [USERNAME]'s (SID=[USER SID]) profile disk. VHD(x): [FILENAME]." This event is generated from the METADATA file created in the user's profile directory. This file can be ignored, but not deleted.
• Resolved an issue where the DeleteLocalProfileWhenVHDShouldApply registry setting was ignored in some cases.
• Fixed an issue where active user session settings where not retained if the FSLogix service was restarted. This was causing some logoffs to fail.
• Fixed an issue where FSLogix did not properly handle logoff events if Profile or ODFC containers were disabled during the session or per-user/per-group filters were applied mid-session that excluded the user from the feature. Now FSLogix logoff related events will always occur based off the FSLogix settings applied at login.
• FSLogix will no longer attempt to reattach a container disk when the user session is locked.
• Fixed an issue that caused the FSLogix service to crash when reattaching container disks.
• Fixed a Cloud Cache issue that caused IO failures if the session host's storage block size was smaller than a cloud provider's block size. For optimal performance, we recommend the session host disk hosting the CCD proxy directory has a physical block size greater than or equal to the CCD storage provider with the largest block size.
• Fixed a Cloud Cache issue where a timed out read request (network outage, storage outage, etc.) was not handled properly and would eventually fail.
• Reduced the chance for a Cloud Cache container disk corruption if a provider is experiencing connection issues.
• Resolved an issue where temporary rule files were not deleted if rule compilation failed.
• Previously, the Application masking folder was only created for the user who ran the installer. With this update, the rules folder is created when the Rules editor is launched.
• Resolved an interoperability issue with large OneDrive file downloads that was causing some operations to fail.
• Fixed an issue where per-user and per-group settings did not apply if the Profile or ODFC container was not enabled for all users.
• Resolved an issue where the Office container session configuration was not cleaned up if a profile fails to load.
• Fixed an issue where HKCU App Masking rules leveraging wildcards would fail to apply.
• Fixed an issue that caused some sessions configured with an ODFC container to fail to login.
• Resolved an issue where the App Rules editor would crash if no assignments were configured.
FSLogix documentation: https://aka.ms/fslogix
Download Location: https://aka.ms/fslogix_download
Mar 29 2022 03:59 PM
Mar 29 2022 06:12 PM
Mar 30 2022 07:12 AM
@Steve Downs Did they re-add the Enable Concurrent Sessions into the ADMX as this has been missing with newer versions and was brought to Microsoft's attention on numerous calls.
Mar 31 2022 12:42 AM
Is the asynchronous group policy processing fixed? I think a lot of people are holding back on upgrading until this is resolved.
Apr 01 2022 05:18 AM
@vara93: You sure about that? RefCount doesn't appear to have anything to do with asynchronous processing being disabled with FSL in use. Multiple people have confirmed this.
Apr 01 2022 05:19 AM
Apr 01 2022 05:22 AM
Apr 02 2022 04:19 AM
Apr 06 2022 11:20 PM
Apr 07 2022 12:35 AM
@kesslerseb any update on enable concurrent connections with cloud cache containers that was missing from previous admx templates, and had this been added in this release?
Apr 07 2022 03:48 PM
@Steve Downs the local_username still not fixed and being left behind on 2k19 servers and reg key populated under fslogix as folderstoremove. So it looks like our regular nightly checks will need to continue and reboot servers affected