Azure Data Explorer is a fast and highly scalable data exploration service for log and telemetry data. Using Azure Data Explorer web UI, you can explore your data from end-to-end, starting with data ingestion, running queries, and ultimately building dashboards.
Each ADX dashboard is a collection of tiles, optionally organized in pages, where each tile has an underlying query and a visual representation. Using the web UI, you can natively export Kusto Query Language (KQL) queries to a dashboard as visuals and later modify their underlying queries and visual formatting as needed. In addition to ease of data exploration, this fully integrated Azure Data Explorer dashboard experience provides improved query and visualization performance.
ADX Dashboards which are part of the Azure Data Explorer web UI, have a user-friendly interface, allowing users to quickly explore and analyze their data without the need for extensive technical knowledge. They offer a range of customization options and are designed to handle big data. When working with ADX Dashboards users also gain:
- Easy creation of Dashboards based on KQL queries written in the ADX web UI.
- Optimized dashboard rendering performance, built for large data sets and complex queries.
- Native data exploration of dashboards using ADX web UI query section.
Advanced visualization types
ADX Dashboards provide the ability to create various types of data visualizations in one place and in an easy-to-digest form.
The following visual types are supported, and can be customized with the dashboard’s user-friendly interface:
- Bar chart
- Column chart
- Area chart
- Line chart
- Stat/Multi stat
- Pie chart
- Scatter chart
- Time chart
- Anomaly chart
- Funnel chart
You can also define conditional formatting rules to format the visual data points by their values using colors, tags, and icons. Conditional formatting can be applied to a specific set of cells in a predetermined column or to entire rows, and lets you easily identify interesting data points.
Real time, dynamic interaction with the data
ADX Dashboards provide several capabilities to allow you to interact with your data by performing slice and dice operations for deeper analysis and gaining different viewpoints.
- Parameters are used as building blocks for dashboard filters and can be added to queries to filter the data presented by visuals. Parameters can be used to slice and dice dashboard visuals either directly by selecting parameter values in the filter bar or by using cross-filters.
- Cross filters allow you to select a value in one visual and filter all other visuals on that dashboard based on the selected data point.
- Drillthrough capability allows you to select a value in a visual and use it to filter the visuals in a target page in the same dashboard. When the target page opens, the value is pushed to the relevant filters.
Create Dashboard and empower others
Dashboards can be shared broadly and allow multiple stakeholders to view dynamic, real time, fresh data while easily interacting with it to gain desired insights. With ADX Dashboards, you can build a dashboard, share it with others, and empower them to continue their data exploration journey.
ADX Dashboards tell a story through visualizations and are an excellent way to view your data and see important insights at a glance.
More information about ADX Dashboards can be found here.
To get started with ADX, please visit MS Learn module Create dashboards in Azure Data Explorer - Training | Microsoft Learn
We are looking forward to your feedback KustoWebExpFeedback@service.microsoft.com