Where to begin on customer feedback portal

Copper Contributor

All,

In an effort for my team to get more familiar with implementing an azure solution, we have decided to try and set up a customer feedback portal that will consist of a web form and back-end storage (likely a simple database).  We'd like to allow customers to input feedback in the form of text and pictures, and would like the feedback to be searchable and also play around with some other nifty metrics/features like sentiment analysis/etc.

I have taken the azure fundamentals training and also DP-200 and 201, but unfortunately I feel I'm no closer to being able to actually recommend the components necessary to implement an azure solution.  The second part of my request is if anyone can recommend resources that go into detail on what the different azure components do with examples of the type of data processing it does (ex. what the data look like coming in and going out of the component).  All of the trainings I've taken so far have been too high level for me to actually understand any of the components other than the ones I've already worked with in my 10 years of infrastructure support (ex. virtual servers, databases, etc.).

Developing the UI/Logic won't be an issue for my team as we have experience in that area, but we have no idea what components to even begin looking at other than web application server and database...

2 Replies
I don't have enough details to help you out, but from what I'm hearing, it sounds like you'd need the following components:
- Azure Web App / Azure Web App Container to host the front-end of your website. If you plan to have a static web pages, you could consider using Azure Blob Storage instead.
- If you'd prefer to isolate the backend from the front-end then you could use Azure Function App.
- Database could be Cosmos, but you don't want to store the actual pictures into the database. What you need to do is to store the pictures on Azure Blob Storage, then put the reference in the database.
-You'd need to use Azure Search to search different contents.
-Azure Monitoring, Application Insights, Log Analytics, Metrics, alerts would make it easier for you to monitor the solution.

Hi 

I think the first thing you need to do is to draw a diagram with different features your websites . 

We know that's a webapp so the service can be : 

Iaas , Paas , Caas or Faas  

then you need a database to store the structured  data  , another one for semi structured or no structured 

You need  a source control to host the application code  

For security  

App Gateway  and  Front door can handle the requests  

You need to provide all the feature and then we can tell you which service is suitable to do it