Azure IoT development and production environments

Copper Contributor

Hi,

My Azure IoT platform is currently running successfully and before the official launch I would like to make the most appropriate changes in order to set up a development/test environment in parallel to the production one.  Our current system is based on DPS, IoT Hub, CosmoDB, Azure SQL, different App services and function apps. 

My question is: apart from replicating the required services either based on subscriptions or resource groups, is there any other more optimal approach I could follow?

Thanks!

1 Reply
When looking at replicating the required resources, definitely look at Azure Bicep ( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/bicep/overview?tabs=bicep) or Terraform (which I would use if you want to look at changing external DNS records etc - it has Cloudflare support), to keep the resources almost identical, a change of a parameter can deploy prod or dev.

I can't think of a more optimal approach, than going down the Infrastructure as Code approach. to keep your resources as identical as possible.