New Feature Roadmap now up on the What's Next page of the Microsoft Edge Insider site

Microsoft

Hi Insiders! About a year ago we did one of our quarterly surveys and on it was a question asking what changes you would like to see on the Microsoft Edge Insider forums. The top two answers were better release notes and a roadmap of features coming soon to the browser. We have been working on improving the release notes and will continue to investigate changes that we can make to be more immediate and descriptive. For the roadmap, we are happy to announce that in addition to the Enterprise focused roadmap we have revamped the What’s Next page on our insider website.

screenshot of Feature Roadmap from Microsoft Edge Insider websitescreenshot of Feature Roadmap from Microsoft Edge Insider website

This revamp includes a roadmap, in the same vein as the enterprise roadmap, but including almost all the upcoming features for Microsoft Edge. We published the first set of items there before the end of the year and will be updating with each Beta release as they come out. We hope that this roadmap will help you feel more informed on how we are evolving our browser. As with all our work, your comments and suggestions are critical to help us hone our , so please let us know what you like and/or would like to see changed in the comments below.

Thanks,

Elliot Kirk

25 Replies

Yes, Single page view and Two page view is the most request. But don't just stop there. Please add in image.pngthe Continuous Scrolling on and off option for us to choose.

Without this option, scrolling many pages is annoying. Please add in this feature asap. Suggest also, let user to set default for single or two pages view and on or off continuous scrolling would be best so that no need to change every time to view the way the user like!

Another feature I like most is by press - or zoom in with Adobe Touch Reader is the pdf will show all pages and let me quickly view the page I want, like this:

image.png

Please add in this feature as well.

Thanks

BS

Hey there, @Elliot Kirk 

This is fantastic news!

Thank you for sharing this with us :)

Nathan, 

Very good, just checked the page and I see a lot more upcoming features listed there!
The adobe reader image community member Boonsong posted gives me idea that there should be an all tab view mode where whole screen is filled with tabs with image previews for quickly finding any tab. This, if it can serve the tab tiling function as well will be awesome.

@Elliot Kirk 

This is excellent and by far the best feature roadmap of the big three browsers, Chrome / Firefox / Edge.

Really well done for being transparent and sharing which features are still in the "rolling out" phase.

@Antonio Andreas S.Pires @Elliot Kirk 

We have been requesting this for two years now.

We will remain on classic edge until it's fixed because it is a blocker for us

@matsmcp @Antonio Andreas S.Pires 

@matsmcp wrote:

We have been requesting this for two years now.

We will remain on classic edge until it's fixed because it is a blocker for us

There are many Epub readers out there with more features focused on Epub reading experience.

Download an ePub app to keep reading e-books

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/download-an-epub-app-to-keep-reading-e-books-0114...

Epub Reader extension for Edge:

https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/epubreader/gbfdomjljjkagpgdlidoicebkgpienmf

as someone who doesn't use Epub format, i wouldn't want it in browser. extensions are modules that can be added/removed on demand by anyone, they are better options.

plus, the old Edge will be completely removed from Windows 10 for good, effectively freeing up unnecessary space on Windows 10.

New Microsoft Edge to replace Microsoft Edge Legacy with April’s Windows 10 Update Tuesday release

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-365-blog/new-microsoft-edge-to-replace-microsoft-ed...

@HotCakeX 

Doesn't matter if there are on or one thousand other apps when you are in a restricted environment and they aren't allowed.

Already running on LTSC so our current installs are supported for about eight years more and yes they do get old edge installed on them 

if you are in a restricted environment, you must have a more important job to attend to rather than reading ebooks on Epub format.

already explained the rest in my previous comment.
Any news about the quicklinks in Edge of more like firefox? I am have been hearing a lot of requests in the asnwers.micosoft community.

@Elliot Kirk I do like Picture in Picture feature. But I need a seek bar. Sometimes I need to repeat some segment of the video, like tutorial video while opening Adobe Illustrator. So do not need to close PIP mode and move back the slider in seek bar. And PIP mode again.

Sorry English is not my native language.

@Deleted 

@Deleted wrote:
Any news about the quicklinks in Edge of more like firefox? I am have been hearing a lot of requests in the asnwers.micosoft community.

it's in the process of gradually being rolled out

@FandyDiadline 

@FandyDiadline wrote:

@Elliot Kirk I do like Picture in Picture feature. But I need a seek bar. Sometimes I need to repeat some segment of the video, like tutorial video while opening Adobe Illustrator. So do not need to close PIP mode and move back the slider in seek bar. And PIP mode again.

Sorry English is not my native language.

I wanted the same thing, also having multiple PiPs like Firefox has now.

if you haven't already, please submit your suggestion using the feedback button on Edge.

@HotCakeX 
who said anything about Ebooks?

I'm talking about corporate needs.

Like having access to instructions, manuals and regulations.
All of them are in epub format..

They removed it from the edge but if your feedback provides some very uesful senarios, they may add it back. It seems that the majority of users hta tneed it have changed the file types and stuff.

In the meantime, you may use 3rdparty extensitons like this one " https://microsoftedge.microsoft.com/addons/detail/epubreader/gbfdomjljjkagpgdlidoicebkgpienmf" that is a epub reader for edge.
Okay, to stable or insider? When to stable?

@matsmcp 

@matsmcp wrote:

@HotCakeX 
who said anything about Ebooks?

I'm talking about corporate needs.

Like having access to instructions, manuals and regulations.
All of them are in epub format..

Oh, you were saying...?  :smile:

fdfd.png

Two words, extensions and PDF

Okay, to stable or insider? When to stable?

Quote me next time because I don't know which comment you are replying to.