Dev Channel update to 124.0.2478.6 is live.

Microsoft

Hello insiders! We released build 124.0.2478.6 to the Dev channel! This includes numerous fixes. For more details on the changes, check out the highlights below.

Evolving SEO: Fresh New Features and Updates for Website Owners | Bing Webmaster Blog

Improved Reliability:

• Fixed a browser crash on Android.

Changed Behavior:

• Resolved a problem where the History panels lacked a visible scrollbar.
  • Fixed an issue where the hover state background color for the Workspaces button was not aligned properly.
  • Fixed an issue where the search indicated that an item was unpinned when it was pinned.
  • Fixed an issue where a black border appeared around the search icon in split-screen mode.
  • Fixed an issue where the Copilot button was only described as “Chat, button,” lacking adequate description.
  • Resolved an issue that prevented selecting multiple items simultaneously in the search results on the favorites page.
  • Mac:
    • Resolved a problem that prevented opening Games from the Settings and More menu on Mac.
    • Resolved an issue to ensure that users consistently reach the Soft FRE page after restarting browser.
  • Android: The issue of the generated image not aligning with the provided image has been successfully resolved in Copilot Chat.
  • iOS: Fixed an issue that allowed the removal of the Copilot toolbar icon and blocking of sites by domain on iOS.

See an issue that you think might be a bug? Remember to send that directly through the in-app feedback by heading to the ... menu > Help and feedback > Send feedback and include diagnostics so the team can investigate.

Thanks again for sending us feedback and helping us improve our Insider builds.

~Gouri

5 Replies

keeps crashing. won't even run long enough to post this.

and therein lies the probelm with this app model. it sucks. no way to go back to a working version. at the mecy of the developer to realize there's  proble, fix it, and then post the update. did i say this app model sucks?

@Gouri_Murmu 

The Dev version of Edge crashes while I am using it. I uninstalled it and installed the Canary version. Is Microsoft aware of the bug?

Similar issue as previous commenter: however, my browser instantly crashes upon launching. I'm having to use a different browser to find solutions as Canary crashes maybe 1.5 seconds after launching it. No new extensions, downloads, or anything like that. Started on the 28th of this month. Really hoping for a solution/patch to this update if that is the root cause.

hello, crashing when using pdf viewer.

Version 124.0.2478.51 (Official build) (64-bit),

When printing with PDF, the entire page is enlarged to the edge of the page.

Version 123.0.2420.97 can print normal in A4 size