SIP address doesn't match email address

Copper Contributor

Long story short at my company the SIP address doesn't match the SMTP/Email address. One of my MAC users is having an issue that pops a message saying: "Online Meeting: The Outlook and Skype for Business (Lync) user accounts do not match. You must sign in to both applications using the same account."

Email address: user.lastname@maildomain.com

Skype/SIP: user.lastname@microsoft.maildomain.com

This only comes up when the user wants to schedule an online meeting. 

1 Reply

Jeff:

I did some research on this. The error pops up when the SIP address associated with the email address in Outlook do not comes back as the same SIP address from SfB client. There’s no requirement for SMTP and SIP address to be the same in order for SfB and Outlook to work, but the SIP address in the AD records must match.  According to our support team, there are several ways that this can be configured.  One way is to add a proxy address of SIP:username@domain.com to the account, and another way is to modify the msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress AD property and enter in the address you want.  Here is documentation related to this: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj662760(v=exchg.150).aspx

Phil