SOLVED

SDS syncs and groups are created but Teams are not

Copper Contributor

Are teams supposed to be automatically created when we sync a CSV file using SDS?  The groups are created and the users are in the correct groups but Teams are not being automatically created and not visible when logged into Teams as a student.  Am I missing something?

6 Replies
best response
Solution
Teams created by SDS are not visible for students until the teacher has opened the team. Did you try with a teacher user account?

That was it!  Thank you for the reply.  I was only testing as a student and hadn't logged in as a teacher.

Glad it worked out, and happy to help! :)

When I try to activate the team I get an error message: unable to activate this team!

before activation I see the owner (teacher) and all the students as members of the team.

after clicking the activation button and receiving the error message, all students are lost as team members.

any idea why?

thanks

chris

Hi Schmiddi

It think this relates to a provisioning issue Microsoft is experiencing. We’ve had this issue as well. Best workaround I can offer is to tell the Teachers to click on ADD MEMBER button in the Manage Members area, then type the name of the O365 Group for the class (should be the same as the Team name) then click ADD.

This will likely also error, however you then get a retry for each student members name... when you click the retry arrow it then adds the students individually. This only takes a few moments to click retry... retry... retry... etc... but then you have to wait a few minutes before the CLOSE button reappears. When it reappears the students should be in the class team properly and it’s all set to go.

Don’t make the mistake of deleting the imported groups and retrying SDS sync all over like we did.

@Kane_Ansell 

Hi Kane,

thanks for your fast reply.
That's what I was doing already but I had the hope to do it on an easier way. :)

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response
Solution
Teams created by SDS are not visible for students until the teacher has opened the team. Did you try with a teacher user account?

View solution in original post