SOLVED

IE Mode button for user

Copper Contributor

We got IE Mode with SiteList working. But we have one ERP system which is based on different modules. 

One module needs IE instead of Chromium. But we can not identify the module by URL. This means SiteList does not work for us. 

We need a button where the user can decide if he needs IE mode or normal mode. 

2 Replies
best response confirmed by IQ_DW (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi IQ_DW,
to get back the IE-Mode button in "More tools" you can launch Edge C with the parameter "msedge --ie-mode-test", so you can switch to IE Mode when needed.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, and I'm not sure if this parameter will be available in the final (roll-out) release of Edge C, but I'd clearly support that they keep it.

Hi Neon 01

Thanks, this brings up the IE mode button. But as you mentioned, it does not resolve my root problem.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by IQ_DW (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hi IQ_DW,
to get back the IE-Mode button in "More tools" you can launch Edge C with the parameter "msedge --ie-mode-test", so you can switch to IE Mode when needed.

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, and I'm not sure if this parameter will be available in the final (roll-out) release of Edge C, but I'd clearly support that they keep it.

View solution in original post