What Happened To Details Pane In SharePoint Lists???

Iron Contributor
  • I understand MS is probably pushing to get lists in SharePoint to open inside the Lists app
  • Within the past 2 days, I have seen 2 of my tenants (I'm on targeted release) update to where lists in SharePoint have a similar look/feel to lists in the LISTS app.
  • I have also noticed that the "open in immersive mode" [this option is supposed to remove the SP navigation] arrows pop the SP List into the Microsoft Lists web version (with purple border at the top)
    • After you are in the MS Lists web look and feel, the "open in immersive mode" arrows change to "open in site"
  • I guess all of the above is well and good...however, the thing that is most frustrating is the removal of the details pane!
    • Where did it go? I can't see it anywhere!
    • I use the details pane all the time to help determine who made changes, who deleted things, who added things, etc.
    • It's also the way many users edit list items! Arrrrggghhhh!
  • Has anyone else experienced this?
4 Replies

@Michael Malloy I still see the details pane in our targeted release tenant: 

ganeshsanap_0-1707911974274.pngIf the issue is specific to your tenants, I will suggest you to raise a support ticket with Microsoft directly and report this behavior. Follow: Get M365 support - online support 

Additional: You can also keep the SharePoint site elements like the header and navigation visible when SharePoint list is opening in the Lists app. 

Go to your SharePoint site settings > Navigation Elements settings and change below option: 

ganeshsanap_1-1707912292163.pngYou can go to Navigation Elements settings page directly using the URL in this format: 

https://contoso.sharepoint.com/sites/MySite/_layouts/15/navoptions.aspx

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

Thanks...it looks like you have the update as well...but mine looks like this....I have tabs for the switching of views vs a drop down. I was already aware of the nav elements setting...it did nothing. What's also weird is that I have 2 tenants that look the same WITHOUT the details pane!

No Details Pane.jpg

Same here. The button to open the details pane is gone. The only work around that I have found so far, is to use the "Edit in grid view" button.
Yeah...this is pretty goofy. Hasn't dropped to my GA users and I hope it doesn't unless they fix this!