Writer issues - unable to create a quiesced snapshot

Copper Contributor

The problem is that any attempt at a quiesced snapshot fails on every Windows 2012R2 server that has any installs completed that use UNC paths. The only exception is the one particular server is able to create a quiesced snapshot. My theory on this server is the UNC path(s) are actually local to this server anyway so they are reachable and can be modified. All servers in the base infrastructure with no software product installed that reference UNC paths are able to produce a quiesced snapshot with no issue. They still have the same event ID’s 140, 137, 157 and 50 events but the snapshot succeeds. The KB2955164 update has been applied to a few servers and a quiesced snapshot still fails. We are using vSphere 7.01 and the latest vmware tools installation. There was a case opened with VMWare but they deemed this to be a MS related issue - not sure I completely agree but it is what it is.

Any suggestions as how to resolve this would be appreciated. I used diskshadow in an attempt to determine the issue. From the attached it looks like the failure is due to a volume that "does not exist" and was only relevant for the installation of an application using a UNC path.

Thanks in Advance

Henry

0 Replies