SOLVED

Where I can download the Windows Server 2008 update

Copper Contributor

The old Windows server  2008 (build 6002 SP2) cooperate with the Synology NAS, and the Synology NAS desktop tool need the new build of Windows Server 2008 R2 (Build 7600.16385), current the old Windows Server 2008 auto update cannot work, and I cannot find the update on Microsoft site, please help!

4 Replies
best response confirmed by ccshen0731 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

2008 R2 (windows 7 kernel) is a different product SKU, it is not an update for 2008 SP2 (vista kernel) That being said you can still download an evaluation here.

Download Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition x64 (Full Install) VHD from Official Microsoft Do...

an in-place upgrade of 2008 SP2 to 2008 R2 SP1 may be possible to do but licensed 2008 R2 installation media will be required which can still be had via a Visual Studio subscription.

@ccshen0731 just checking if there's any progress or updates? please don't forget to mark helpful replies.

@ccshen0731 Just a reminder, please don't forget to close up the thread by marking helpful replies.

@Dave Patrick  

Thanks,  I call to MS support  too, as you said that's not a simple update version, need to buy the ESU (need to ask retailer then know the price)  for extented support then possible to get it. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ccshen0731 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

2008 R2 (windows 7 kernel) is a different product SKU, it is not an update for 2008 SP2 (vista kernel) That being said you can still download an evaluation here.

Download Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition x64 (Full Install) VHD from Official Microsoft Do...

an in-place upgrade of 2008 SP2 to 2008 R2 SP1 may be possible to do but licensed 2008 R2 installation media will be required which can still be had via a Visual Studio subscription.

View solution in original post