Errors after upgrading from Windows Server 2012 R2 to 2019

Copper Contributor

I recently upgraded a server from 2012 R2 to 2019.  The upgrade seemed to work ok, but now when the Dashboard launches I get the message "An error occured while trying to load the plug-in for 485....".  I found a post that said to delete the key at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ServerManager\Roles\485 (and that it would have a value that references Version 6.3.0.0...)  Found the key, but cannot delete it.  I signed in as a Domain Admin, Rebooted to safe mode, Signed in as the local machine Administrator.  Specifically added Domain Admins group with full control.   Still have not been able to find a way to delete the key.   Tried RegEdit and Regedit32.  How do I get delete the key or fix the error?

5 Replies

@whitekn3 

I also have same problem but a clouldn't find anything to solve this problem

@JoseMartinez664 

@whitekn3 

i have the error too, you must remove the server with installed essential feature from the server manager.

this is common issue. you must remove a specific registry key from Server Manager to resolve it but cannot remember which one as I have no access to my Knowledgebase due OOF.
It will only occur when you are upgrading from WS 2012 R2. It won't happen in the future.

@Karl_Wester-EbbinghausAs I mentioned in  my first message, I found the key, but cannot delete it.

I have long since abandoned any effort to fix it.  It is a minor annoyance, and from a variety of sources it appears the only real solution is format and start from scratch.  Haven't had the time to do that.  Too many more urgent items on my ToDo's.
Thanks,

Royce

Sorry I missed that bit. As we're here, Happy New Year!